1.    #1  
    Sorry I have to sound cheap.. but anyone's got a link for a free niv bible download?
    I would start at http://www.olivetree.com/. As a note, NIV is not free, it requires a licensing fee; therefore you will find free readers, but NIV you will probably have to pay for. Ben
    Last time I checked, the NIV from Zondervan was around $20. IMO it's been well worth it over the last couple of years I've had it.
    Palm Pilot-->Handspring Visor-->Treo 300-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700p+E62-->Treo700p+Curve (8300)-->Curve (8330)
    Got my license for $15; got an Online Bible version that I converted for use with Bible+. Sorry, can't seem to find the site anymore though.
    (PowerPlay Vs) >> palmOne Zire 31 >>
    (palm Tungsten T3)/(palmOne Zire 72s) >> (palm Black Tie Trēo 650 Custom)/
    (palmOne LifeDrive Custom [SanDisk Ultra II CF])/(palm m515)/(palm T|X)
    handspring Visor Deluxe/Tapwave Zodiac 2/palm Trēo 680 Copper Orange

Canuck PDA
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    Probably not ideal, but you can get NIV free by pointing your Blazer browser to www.biblegateway.com and NRSV at bible.oremus.org.
    Safety and happiness can only come from individuals, classes, and nations being honest and fair and kind to each other.
    - C.S. Lewis
    Mooky,

Here is the mentioned Bible+ link, although I could not find the translations page they used to have:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/palmbibleplus/

You won't find a legal free copy of Zondervan's NIV as they are sticklers on their copyright of same. BTW, a better translation IMHO (used the NIV for years) is the English Standard Version (ESV). Here's a great site to help you decide on the Bible translation that's right for you:

http://www.bible-researcher.com/tran...n-methods.html

The NIV is a "Dynamic Equivalence" translation whereas the ESV is a literal translation (word-for-word) that is very readable. Here is OliveTree's English Bibles list:

http://www.olivetree.com/store/home.php?cat=262

If you absolutely cannot come up with $16.75 (or so) then the free ASV is probably your best choice of free ones.
    Lord, who will we go to? You have the words of eternal life. Jn 6:68 <><
    PDA "trail" > Sharp Wizard OZ-750 > Palm M100 > Visor Deluxe > Visor Prism > Sony T665C > Sony NX80V > Sony TH55(2) > Palm Treo 700p
    I know you said you wanted "cheap" but IMO Laridian is a fantastic product for bible use. The reader itself is $10 but then there are about 3 or 4 different versions that are free including ASV and KJV. NIV will run you about $25 but the features in the reader gives you alot of great tools like highlighting.

I run multiple versions and with MyBible 4 it allows you to split the screen between two different versions (or a version and a commentary) so you can compare...very slick.

Just my 2 cents...

Dave
    The only thing that separates the men from the boys...is the lessons they learn.
    www.planetmills.com
    Hey Dave,

Nice lookin' family BTW! I also own MyBible and a bunch of Bibles and study tools from Laridian. Craig Rairdin (President) called me personally and we talked about an hour when I sent them an email voicing my displeasure in their releasing and promoting the Today's NIV version (gender-neutral), which basically butchers the original language and in many cases distorts the original meaning of many passages.
    Craig agreed on my negative view of the TNIV, but defended offering it saying people should have the choice (which I disagreed with him on and still do). But that's another story.
    I read through the Bible in a year using MyBible a couple of years ago (I have read through it the last 8 years), so I'm very familiar with it. I still use and love the Laridian Daily Reader for daily devotionals. But MyBible has not been undated in a very long time and appears to not be under development. Laridian has definately shifted their focus toward WM5 development.
    Of the three major Bible applications I have and use: Laridian (MyBible), GMPSoft (Bible With You), and OliveTree (BibleReader), here's how I'd have to rank them:

1. OliveTree
    2. GMPSoft
    3. Laridian

GMPSoft's Bible With You is actually the best implementation, with unbelievable screen pops and reference compilation, but I give the edge to OliveTree because of the content available.

Anyway, any of the three are very good and it's definately great to have God's Word with you everywhere you go. I also own about $800 worth of Logos Libronix PC Bible software that I hardly even use because I just love reading the Bible in the "Palm" (pun intended) of my hand!
    Lord, who will we go to? You have the words of eternal life. Jn 6:68 <><
    PDA "trail" > Sharp Wizard OZ-750 > Palm M100 > Visor Deluxe > Visor Prism > Sony T665C > Sony NX80V > Sony TH55(2) > Palm Treo 700p
    Global Posts
    474 Global Posts
    just revisiting....

=)
    Sprint Treo 755p (ex-650) user and loving it.
    1.04-SPNT
    NIV cannot yet be free as it is under Zondervan copyright. Laridian, OT, and GMPSoft are your best bets for it.
    MMM | AntoineRJWright.com | BH | Jaiku

Moved on to Symbian, but still will visit from time to time.