1.    #1  
    Just bought a Treo 650. Circuit City employee was not much help beyond ringing up the item. Home computer is a Mac. Have attempted repeatedly to sync up Treo so I can read Outlook e-mail on Treo, but have failed miserably. Haven't been able to solve problem through Palm.com. Is the 1-800 customer support line my only hope?
    What exactly are you syncing with? Palm desktop? When you say you want to read outlook email on the Treo, do you want your treo to pull your outlook email onto it wirelessly, or you want to sync specific emails that are already on your computer?
    Finally, what kind of mac? intel or power pc? (If you aren't sure, go to your apple menu, about this mac, and look at what it indicates for processor.)

A little bit more detail and I am sure the many brilliant minds here can help you figure this out.
    True, but I strongly recommend buying The Missing Sync software from MarkSpace, it will seriously improve your entire sync-with-Mac experience. Do a search here for other comments.
    -mbd26
    Quote Originally Posted by mbd26 View Post
    True, but I strongly recommend buying The Missing Sync software from MarkSpace, it will seriously improve your entire sync-with-Mac experience. Do a search here for other comments.
    Oh yea, missing sync will be very helpful too. It's a bit pricey, but well worth it if you want great integration. It all depends on what you're doing with your palm.
    What's the use of syncing with Outlook to read email? I was using Chatter (trial ran out, too spendy, I don't need it THAT bad) and FuseMail and it was working great. I'm using the built in email app (the name slips me, wow, I'm not that old yet!) now, with FuseMail, and it's ok. My friends were getting mad that I had had an alert everytime I got a new email. Really, it wasn't needed, but, I have it there, just in case.
    Quote Originally Posted by davidg4781 View Post
    What's the use of syncing with Outlook to read email? I was using Chatter (trial ran out, too spendy, I don't need it THAT bad) and FuseMail and it was working great. I'm using the built in email app (the name slips me, wow, I'm not that old yet!) now, with FuseMail, and it's ok. My friends were getting mad that I had had an alert everytime I got a new email. Really, it wasn't needed, but, I have it there, just in case.
    Maybe to save money on a data plan? It can run pretty high if you're getting emails sent to your phone all the time....
    So you have to find a computer and sync your emails to your phone to read them somewhere else? Why not just read them at the computer?

Maybe I'm missing something that y'all do and I don't. To me, if the email's that important that I have to read it while I'm away from the computer, it's that important that I should've read it as soon as possible, meaning, at the computer.