1.    #1  
    Does anyone know of an app that I could use to convert WMV files on my PC to a format playable with a palm media player such as TCPMP?

Regards,
    Global Posts
    234 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LukeQuake View Post
    Does anyone know of an app that I could use to convert WMV files on my PC to a format playable with a palm media player such as TCPMP?

Regards,
    Kinoma 4EX. Ptunes 4.0 plays AAC and wma (and in the background w/o skipping on a 680)
    Quote Originally Posted by zeze22 View Post
    Kinoma 4EX. Ptunes 4.0 plays AAC and wma (and in the background w/o skipping on a 680)
    Ptunes 3.18 with a plug-in, plays wma (windows media audio)

It came with the Treo 680 and was updated over the wireless connection for free. Just follow the prompts.
    I think the version of Pocket Tunes that comes bundled with the 680 is 3.1.3. I had to move my version 3.1.8 from my 650. Also, you have to upgrade to the deluxe version to play WMA or WMV. I have the deluxe version from the 650, but when I moved it to the 680, the version reads 3.1.8 "bundled" so I still can't play WMA or WMV.

From Palm:

http://kb.palmone.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/W...Case=obj(40517)

Pocket Tunes Basic/Bundle does not support MP4 or AAC formats, including those from iTunes. Also, the Basic version does not support WMA format (if you purchase Pocket Tunes Deluxe, you can add WMA capabilities; see www.pocket-tunes.com.
    why are you guys talking about Pocket Tunes?

OP: Videora ipod converter will accept WMV files and convert them to TCPMP playable stuff. Problem is the audio (in my experience) has been out of sync for most conversions.
    My Freebie Java Widgets (Compatible with 650, 680, 700p & 755p)
    HourlyXCast - Hourly & 7 Day Forecasts! Weather Graphics, Radar Images & Alerts. "When 'PM Showers' just doesn't cut it"
    - RottenTomatoMeter - Movie Ratings, Reviews, Showtimes for New Movies & DVDs
    - TV2Nite - Calendar Events for your Favorite TV Shows!
    i guess my question would be....why is everyone going with proprietary encoded music such as wmv or wma. Mp3's and mpegs works best for me. Just a question????

The only TREO VIDEO CAST on the internet!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by zeze22 View Post
    cool..
  8.    #8  
    Hmm.. What I need is an APP on my PC that will convert WMV files (say 500mb in size) down to a low res / compatible palm format.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,
    there is only one option. we have to visit places like itunes napster yahoo music google video and youtube and yahoo video and comedy central websites daily. the webmasters can tell what browser and device we are on. when the webmaster communicates to the owners of the sites. there is little chance atleast one of the sites won't be compatible.
    Last edited by mattlaughs; 01/24/2007 at 07:27 PM.