1.    #1  
    I'm curious as to whether there is a method or program that would allow me to adjust the screen brightness from either the buttons, keyboard combo, or incoming call, without having to go exit out of whatever application I'm in and adjust the slider setting. During calls and regular phone usage I keep my backlight at around 65% to save power. I like to turn it all the way up when reading news or looking at pics but, these activities only last me a short amount of time, and are mostly interrupted by incoming calls. Having backlight access at the ready would make things so much easier. So, is this possible?
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Pressing Option (black button) and Drop Down (lower right button) quickly dims the screen. Repeat to bring it back to full brightness. You can also download (free) SANDMAN (turns screen off) and map the side button to blank the screen. Press the appropriate application to wake it up.
    Last edited by haroldo; 01/21/2007 at 01:41 PM.
    On top of that, I think BrightCam(?) does something similar and can actually adjust the screen brightness as a function of the ambient lighting through the camera lens....

Can't vouch for it though. Tried a long long time ago and it didn't suit me, but it has been updated since.
    PIII,PIIIx,V,Vx,M505,M515,TT,T3,650,700p=>>iPhone
    There's more to life than technology....but not a whole lot more
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    option + P will bring up the slider in any app. It is easy to remember because the "p" button has a little picture of the sun on it.
    Visor --> Visor Platinum --> Treo 300 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    This kind of classified information is only found in manuals. Or of course common sense.

Black button and then P/sun button let you adjust on fly.
    Holy **** I didn't know about the Option + dropdown trick!!

What else do you have?
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    15 minutes with your manual (download link) reveals all the tricks!
    Last edited by haroldo; 01/21/2007 at 06:43 PM.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by haroldo View Post
    15 minutes with your manual (download link) reveals all the tricks!
    Unfortunately, I seem to have skipped that page. Time for a re-read.

Thanks for the help guys. The option + P was exactly what I was looking for.

Any other nifty tricks like the option + menu?
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Option + K brings up the onscreen keyboard, largely unneeded since the Treo has it's own keyboard.
    Option + ALT brings up a character list.