Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Sometime next month it will be confirmed.

Congrats on your Bears by the way.
  2. DTS
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    How long before we see actual confirmation of this? This really is upsetting, if so!
    Do you really care? Did you ever plan on buying a 680?
    It's Cingular's practices that I care about. Since I'm a customer, knowing that they may be controlling what was readily available with no strings attached before, bothers me. Just how much control do they need? Do unlocked phones and choice scare them that much?
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Should I feel lucky that I got an Artic??
    "Actions speak louder than words!"

REX >Palm III > Palm IIIc > Palm V> Palm m505 >Kyo 7135> Treo 650> ARTIC Treo 680> and finally to the Centro!!!
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    If you really really want a copper treo, I would just call Palm to order it by phone to see what the story is. They should be able to say if it is discontinued or just back-ordered...
    just called both of the stores here in los angeles and was told again that whatever stock they have right ow of unlocked phones will be all they will be selling of the unlocked phones..they will start selling the new cingualr branded phones in the coming week as the stock sells out..get them while they are hot!!
    How glad am I that I have my Copper (and love it) and am NOT on Cingular/AT&T.

Best of both worlds - Hot phone & Cheaper rates.

Cingular/AT&T is turning into quite a monopolizer - the new Phone will only be available on Cingular also.
    Global Posts
    723 Global Posts
    I just spoke with a Palm rep whilst ordering a 700p for a client. The Cooper 680s are out of stock and she hadn't heard any more details.

The new 750 is locked in to Cingular for two years, so no 750s for the rest of us! I like my Crimson 680 and am glad I got the oppurtunity to buy it. Who knows what Palm will do next.
    Palm III -> Palm V -> Blue Palm Vx w/Omnisky -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 680
    Thanks Palm and Cingular.

So that means no unlocked 750? Looks like I have to get the Vodafone one after all.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    With iphone around the corner and 750 out, I don't see why cingular wants to buy out the colored 680 line. It does not make sense. If they are adding just another color, maybe. 3 colors would be a lot more stock to keep. I don't think Cingular/ATT is going to try and sell 3 colors instead of 3 different phone. Since palm has no official statement, nobody really knows.

So for those that need a copper replacement, will Palm send a new artic and a can of copper paint?
    Quote Originally Posted by babydol View Post
    I'm glad I got my copper beauty as soon as they came out! I love it more than I did my sparkly 600 (which I must say, is minus sparkles now...but its still in use by my fiance so its all good)
    I can't believe your fiance didn't want to keep the pink sparkles! That phone was off the hook! (so to speak)
    Global Posts
    310 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mass View Post
    With iphone around the corner and 750 out, I don't see why cingular wants to buy out the colored 680 line. It does not make sense. If they are adding just another color, maybe. 3 colors would be a lot more stock to keep. I don't think Cingular/ATT is going to try and sell 3 colors instead of 3 different phone. Since palm has no official statement, nobody really knows.
    The iPhone is not due before June. Treo 750 is a business phone, not a phone for mobile accomplishers. In the light of the upcomming iPhone i think it would make sense to try and sell as many fancy phones for mobile accomplishers before iPhone arrives. I think having colors will help people think it is a fancy phone.

If Cingular/AT&T's (logo) color is orange/copper it would make sense to have a copper/orange phone during the rebranding.

As for more stock to keep? Well, i suppose cingular sells other phones than Treo, alot others, so having 3474 phones or 3474+3 colors will make no difference.
    In the online store I was able to proceed with the process of ordering a Cooper model (though I didn't finalize the order). According to the "Availability", it seems to be in stock for the time being, at least.
    Global Posts
    310 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jahead View Post
    In the online store I was able to proceed with the process of ordering a Cooper model (though I didn't finalize the order). According to the "Availability", it seems to be in stock for the time being, at least.
    pheeeew and i was just planning to buy a graphite this weekend because i could not get a copper. Now i will wait and get a copper.
    Yup, they appear to be back. Ordering the unlocked Copper model shows an estimated shipping time of 1 - 2 days. Previously the choice of Copper wasn't even there. So the whole thing looks like a very short-time supply problem and the usual rumor-mongering about Cingular buying up the entire supply. There's a lesson here somewhere......
    Global Posts
    310 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rambo47 View Post
    Yup, they appear to be back. Ordering the unlocked Copper model shows an estimated shipping time of 1 - 2 days. Previously the choice of Copper wasn't even there. So the whole thing looks like a very short-time supply problem and the usual rumor-mongering about Cingular buying up the entire supply. There's a lesson here somewhere......
    yeah the lesson is that Palm shoud never ever run dry.
    Quote Originally Posted by ion++ View Post
    The iPhone is not due before June. Treo 750 is a business phone, not a phone for mobile accomplishers. In the light of the upcomming iPhone i think it would make sense to try and sell as many fancy phones for mobile accomplishers before iPhone arrives. I think having colors will help people think it is a fancy phone.

If Cingular/AT&T's (logo) color is orange/copper it would make sense to have a copper/orange phone during the rebranding.

As for more stock to keep? Well, i suppose cingular sells other phones than Treo, alot others, so having 3474 phones or 3474+3 colors will make no difference.
    looks like cingular has no interest in having 3000(locations)x 3(color) = 9000 phones in store that is only 1 phone per color. That is $1.791million in stock if it cost them $199 each.

I hope we do realize a orange cingular logo will not stand out on a copper 680.
    Global Posts
    310 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mass View Post
    looks like cingular has no interest in having 3000(locations)x 3(color) = 9000 phones in store that is only 1 phone per color. That is $1.791million in stock if it cost them $199 each.

I hope we do realize a orange cingular logo will not stand out on a copper 680.
    Maybe they only have to pay Palm a while after they got them. Maybe even after the customer pays for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by rambo47 View Post
    I just spoke to the local palm store rep. He said that the 3 colors (copper, white, red) are EOL. They can no longer order them, and stock is selling out fast.
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    I'll bet the colors will continue to be orderable thru Palm's website, but the logistics of keeping 3 colors stocked on retail shelves must be hell, so at retail locations they will be discontinued. Which actally makes a lot of sense to me.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast