Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    i find that a little disappointing being that if that should happen, then that means
    1. The retail price will be increased for the unlocked model to $449 instead of $399 which it is now.
    2. that means that you won't be able to just pop any sim card into the phone, you'll have to unlock it your self or cingular may start something again where they make you wait 30days with in your contract to unlock it, or some junk like that.
    3. it'll come with some proprietary cingular network software on the device that no one uses...

should that be the business... then a cingular store we shall become

The only TREO VIDEO CAST on the internet!!!
    Men Cingular hasn't changed its name back to ATT wireless yet it's already acting evil.
    Quote Originally Posted by whatever7 View Post
    Men Cingular hasn't changed its name back to ATT wireless yet it's already acting evil.
    that shud be coming anyday now actually..i feel sorry for all those people that had the great at&t plans and were forced to switch over to cingular, now they all have to switch back to at&t
    Quote Originally Posted by mclark2112 View Post
    According to engadget, Palm has discontinued the copper color. And I really wanted to get that one eventually...

http://www.engadgetmobile.com/2007/0...never-knew-ye/
    I'm glad I got my copper beauty as soon as they came out! I love it more than I did my sparkly 600 (which I must say, is minus sparkles now...but its still in use by my fiance so its all good)
    What can I say? A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do!
    Nokia 3360 -> Sony Ericsson t226 -> Sony Ericsson z500 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 680 -> AT&T Centro
    Quote Originally Posted by rambo47 View Post
    It's gotta be a cost thing. They look at how many they sell of each color, and if one is lagging the others enough, it gets the axe. Standardize production to save money.
    or maybe they only decided to make so many of each color. kind of a "we have these and once they're gone, we aren't making any more of that color"...maybe the copper sold out the fastest?
    What can I say? A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do!
    Nokia 3360 -> Sony Ericsson t226 -> Sony Ericsson z500 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 680 -> AT&T Centro
  6.    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by acris24 View Post
    ya she said that cingular bought all the colors from palm..she also stated that by the end of this week they will start selling the cingular branded ones in the plam stores..so as soon i she said that i didnt hesitate to buy my onlocked copper phone.my wife bought one of the last crimsons she had in the store as well

Could it be that Cing/AT&T are going to offer colors?
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    I still find this very hard to believe. I could be wrong (ask my wife she suggests that to me once in a while) but if this is true Palm is making a huge mistake. Locking in to Cingular is way too limiting. I use and like Cingular, but the other markets are bigger. They simply won't sell enough to make it. I'd still bet on less colors with a Palm unlocked available.

greg
    What happened to the huge joint promotion with Cingualr promised by Palm during the time Treo 680 was launched? It has been a month after the release, and there is still nothing. Instead of that, Cingular ran lots of commercials on the Samsung Blackjack. Isn't it a sign that Cingualr and Palm have something going on?
    May be Cingular is not happy about the lower price and choice of color offered by Palm. One thing for sure, it makes Cingular looks bad.
    How Cingular react is another story. Seems to me, Palm is withdrawing unlocked color Treo 680 from the market to please Cingular.
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    that's weird. Seriously. So the entire GSM Treo line is now limited to Cingular? Sounds kind of nuts to me. Not that I don't think it is true, but it must mean that Palm is seriously hurting for cash.
    Looks like our copper 680's may soon become a collector's item
    [rose glasses]Maybe AT&T is gearing up for a big 680 media blitz, and they want to include the colored ones, so they bought the US rights to the entire line from Palm.[/rose glasses]
    Quote Originally Posted by acris24 View Post
    i just went to the palm store over the weekend here at the grove in los angeles and the rep told me that they will not be selling unlocked treo 680's there anymore..the reason for this is that cingular has bought all the colors and all treo 680's from this week on will all be cingular branded..seems cingualr is taking over..i was lucky enough to buy 1 of the last 3 she had in copper..she said once this supply is gone the new cingular branded phones will be coming in
    I seriously hope she is mistaken!!!
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Big Bro phone company eh! Wonder why they didn't try this with Apple the cowardly plebs...well glad I got my arctic b4 it becomes Cingular's and not the purchasers! THis has got to be a reason for Palm to expand their market though...more control!
    Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    i agree, palm is a large company, or at least large enough to carry its own weight at least so why is it that palm is bending at the will of the provider, they should be providing for the device no the other way around
    Visor Neo-->Visor Edge-->Visor Prism(with Visorphone)-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 180-->Copper Treo 680-->Treo 270-->Treo 800w
    Well I have the Copper unlocked and I now I feel very special (even though must people agree it looks like more of a "pumpkin" than a "copper").
    I got one as I have Tmobile, and they have bailed on Palm phones at the 600 series. They need to keep selling unlocked phones, at a reasonable price.
    I do not think AT&T is to be blamed here.
    In their press release related to the merge they have announced orange would be retained as color for their wireless activities. Therefor it would be in their own interest to keep Copper.

I think it is more a demand problem at Palm side: not enough demand for Copper, complete color dropped to focus more on variants which are selling well. Cut losses since only some plastic casing is involved (which might even be repainted for a small additional fee ?).
    Digital since 1980, Handheld since 2001
    M105, TE, T3.5, Treo 680, Treo 500v
    Happy Datebk6.1 user
    I just had a conversation with a Palm Reseller and it appears that the colors are the issue. The graphite was the only color avaliable to them and they have scheduled shipments into next quarter.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

I posted this several weeks ago.

Palm is no longer going to be selling the colored units unlocked because they are going to be exclusive to Cingular/ ATT.

They are out of their stock of the unlocked Copper, hence why it is not available anymore.

The only unit that will continue to be sold unlocked will be the Graphite.
    How long before we see actual confirmation of this? This really is upsetting, if so!
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast