1.    #1  
    I stupidly dropped my phone today and I am not sure if I broke something.

now the stylus won't stay in the treo. it falls right out. I put tape on the inside and that seemed to work. (why won't the stylus stay in on its own? what happened)

I was in sms when it dropped. now all the messages are gone!!! all contacts are there.. all programs are there.. but sms are gone... (why and how can I get them back? can I hotsync and get them back? if so, how??)

does it sound like my phone will continue to give me problems or is the worse over.. everything else seems to be fine. I am soo disappointed
    "So long and thanks for all the Treos!"
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    I dropped mine the first day I got the sumbittch. I marred the bottom corner just a touch but otherwise it worked fine.

You might want to invest in a backup program such as NVBackup because you can periodically do updates to your backups and they only take a few minutes to complete. There's another app called 'On-Guard' that does real-time backups as you exit your apps such as when you exit SMS.

Good luck!

SMEGGIE
    Yer pal,

SMEGGIE

A bigger Treo fan than I'll admit.
  3.    #3  
    I do have on guard. the problem is that I went into sms and then saw there was something wrong. I hit home and it SAVED the sms on exit... which over wrote my stuff!!! uhg!
    Quote Originally Posted by BabelFish View Post
    I stupidly dropped my phone today and I am not sure if I broke something.

now the stylus won't stay in the treo. it falls right out. I put tape on the inside and that seemed to work. (why won't the stylus stay in on its own? what happened)

I was in sms when it dropped. now all the messages are gone!!! all contacts are there.. all programs are there.. but sms are gone... (why and how can I get them back? can I hotsync and get them back? if so, how??)

does it sound like my phone will continue to give me problems or is the worse over.. everything else seems to be fine. I am soo disappointed
    When was the last time you hot synced? If it was recently -- you could hard reset -- then hot sync -- and everthing should come back to the point it was at the time of your last hotsync. . . . .

Ever so slightly bending the stylus, will get it to fit tight again. . . . . the drop probably slightly changed the "frame" of the Treo -- but I do not think enough to harm the electronics. . . . . .
    Last edited by gtwo; 01/20/2007 at 09:34 PM.
  5.    #5  
    is there a way to just hotsync the sms?? is there a custom setting for comp overwrites palm for nexter??? that is really all that I am looking for..
    I am not up on the database names -- but it seems you could move the SMS data base from the Palm backup directories to an SD card and then from there -- move it back to internal memory. . . . . .

I see a file called SMS Messages2 in internal memory on my Treo 700P. . . .
  7.    #7  
    so if I just have comp overwrite palm.. it should put everything back?
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    I do have on guard. the problem is that I went into sms and then saw there was something wrong. I hit home and it SAVED the sms on exit... which over wrote my stuff!!! uhg!
    "DOH!!!"

SMEGGIE
    Yer pal,

SMEGGIE

A bigger Treo fan than I'll admit.
    so if I just have comp overwrite palm.. it should put everything back?
    That is my take on it . . . any new data on the Treo since the last HotSync will be lost though. Make sure you put the conduits back to synchronize when you are done.
  10.    #10  
    is there a conduit for nexter/sms?
    You could just install the Mesages Database back from your backup folder, no?
    PIII,PIIIx,V,Vx,M505,M515,TT,T3,650,700p=>>iPhone
    There's more to life than technology....but not a whole lot more
  12.    #12  
    I will try that when I get home. I believe someone else suggested that also. what is the file extension of that database..

so just copy that file to the sd card and use filez to move that file to the internal memory.. syre hope that works. I will let everyone know if it works...

does anyone have any idea why the messages would have gotten erased in the first place
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    You dial something like ##HWTST#
    This runs a hardware test
    what is the file extension of that database..
    The Message Database shows up in McFile as:

Name/Creator/Type
    Message Database/MsSt/MsDb

So it should be Message_Database.pdb in the backups

As far as SMS_Messages2/SMS2/Data I have no idea what that is an have deleted it regularly (when it got to big) and have not lost any SMS messages.
    PIII,PIIIx,V,Vx,M505,M515,TT,T3,650,700p=>>iPhone
    There's more to life than technology....but not a whole lot more
  15.    #15  
    Thanks! The sms are back... now, quick question about the hwtst. I ran it and I keep getting different symbols next to the results at the end. What do they mean? It seems like the machine is properly functioning but for some reason the keyboard never gets a symbol (though the letters are written correctly).. any idea?

I mean, everything looked normal but the final results are having different symbols. am I missing something?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I think that happened with me (but I have not dropped my Treo). I wouldn't worry about the symbols. I think when a specific test is done is says something like passed or completed successfully.

As long as it does not report an error.
  17.    #17  
    yeah.. no errors were reported phew

I hear all these nightmares where the treo falls onto feathers and just stops working.. (if you get my point )
    that's awful to hear you dropped it. But bend the stylis a little and put it back in and it should stay that's what hapend to me and that's how I fixed it..
    www.treasuretrooper.com/218190 ***CHECK THIS OUT. MAKE A COUPLE BUCKS.***
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by SCPxDRUMS View Post
    that's awful to hear you dropped it. But bend the stylis a little and put it back in and it should stay that's what hapend to me and that's how I fixed it..
    so you dropped yours too? it wasn't even that big of a drop I ended up putting scotch tape on the inside of the treo and it made a great seal. The thought of bending the stylus just seems scary..
    Just a slight bend . . . . .is all you need. Not even noticable to the eye. . . .