1.    #1  
    I've been having numerous problems with fatal errors on my Platinum lately. Does anyone know of certain 3rd party programs that cause problems with certain Palm OS versions? I have the following:

Palm OS Version v.3.5.2H1.2

Programs:
    AvantGo
    BeamProX
    Bejeweled
    Big Clock
    Chord Buddy
    DateBk4
    DateMate
    eWallet
    Four.Zero
    Froggy
    HackBroom
    HanDBase
    HandyShopper2
    Stowaway Keyboard software
    MyBible
    PC-cillin
    Peanut Reader
    PocketMoney
    QuizWiz
    ReciPDA
    SFCave
    SimpleTrac
    TrapWeaver
    WordSmith
    XMaster
    --FontHack123
    --McPhling
    --MiddleCapsHack
    --Pop!
    --PopUpNames
    --PowerButton
    Yahdice

I've tried every kind of reset...and disabled hacks completely.
    Please let me know if you can help...thanks!
    Did your Platinum come with OS Version v.3.5.2H1.2 or did you install the patch? If you installed the patch, try re-installing it.

This helped a frequent Fatal Error that I had with my first Prism (which did not have the patch in ROM).
    Originally posted by plat_queen
    Palm OS Version v.3.5.2H1.2

Programs:
    Bejeweled
    Big Clock
    Froggy
    HanDBase
    HandyShopper2
    MyBible
    TrapWeaver
    WordSmith
    XMaster
    --FontHack123
    --McPhling
    --MiddleCapsHack
    --PopUpNames
    I have used these programs on my prism without incident. You might want to try deleting Pop! It causes the Prism to crash. Not sure if it's the OS or something else. Other utilities will probably give you similar functionality.
    What was the last thing you installed? I have just started getting fatal errors and the last things I loaded were Bejeweled, the latest Wordsmith and Big Clock.
    My Treo has more memory than I do.
    Programs:
    Big Clock
    Four.Zero
    HandyShopper2
    WordSmith
    XMaster
    -- Afterburner
    -- Launch 'Em Hack
    -- Chrono Hack
    I have similar problems lately, and am about to try a hard reset. I get resets about once a day, but this has only started in the past 2 weeks. I know I installed the new WS1.11a and the new Stowaway driver. I also registered Shadowplan and installed Void. I also installed and removed all the PortaPets. Could any of these be the problem? I have a feeling that it is WS since I am also having a lot of problems with it locking up while using my keyboard.
  6.    #6  
    It could possibly be WordSmith...right after I installed the newest version is when I started having problems. Maybe I should get in touch with BlueNomad and see what the problem may be...anyone else having WordSmith problems too?
    I had problems after loading Wordsmith 1.1 when using the CTRL Left Arrow key to go back up to the last line. This was cause the machine to freeze up, forcing a reset.

I did not get a "Fatal Exception" error message.
    Same thing. Lots of Fatal Errors since installing the new Wordsmith.
    Is it just me, or is eveyone experiencing these resets in all their programs? I get resets in WS, ThinkDB, Shadow, Tinysheet, Money, Void, etc. Seems that whenever I access data I get the error. IE: Opening a record, closing a record, getting info or help, opening a program.
    I have found a problem with WordSmith and the Keyboard Driver for the Stowaway or IR Link.

see http://discussion.visorcentral.com/v...0&goto=newpost

I get a crash in WS but if I delite either of the other two programs everything is fine. Blue Nomad are looking at it.

Slightly off the subject I have to say I am really impressed with technical supprt at Blue Nomad......they really are on the ball.

Cheers
    Martin
    We have found a bug in 1.11 that causes resets when you leave WordSmith and open a dialog window in another application. We have fixed this in 1.11a, you can get it here:

http://www.bluenomad.com/ws/prod_wor..._download.html

Please install over your present version and let us know if you have any problems.

The issue with the keyboard driver and irlink may be addressed with the latest keyboard driver 1.5 available at www.thinkoutside.com/support. If this doesn't help, please let me know at support@bluenomad.com.

Thanks,

Bobby Genest
    Blue Nomad Sales & Support Team
    www.bluenomad.com