1.    #1  
    I'm just trying to shift all my data off a 650, and onto a new 680. Every time I hot-synch, everything works beatifully....with the exception of "Calendar" and "Contacts". Whenever I try to run either of them on the 680, they crash the machine.

I've performed soft resets and hard resets....scrubbed everything off the 680 and started again....and it keeps doing it. I've also gone back to the 650 and re-synched that with the desktop before performing the operation again.

Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks
    Simon
    Sounds like you enabled Versamail in the conduits for either the 650 or during the install of the 680. Recommend you beam the two databases over to the 680 then totally unistall the desktop - reboot the PC and then reinstall and see what happens paying particular attention to the versamail setup - don't allow it to.
    Moose Man
    Welcome my son, welcome to the machine.
    iPhone 3G, Treo 750, 680, 650, 600 and T5, T3, T, M515, M505, Vx, V, Prizm, Visor, IIIc, IIIe, Palm Pilot Professional, Palm Pilot (ok boys and girls a whopping 128k of memory - those were the days) and former Palm Beta tester.
  3.    #3  
    Forgive the ignorance, but I'm not sure how do go about doing that. When I open up the conduit manager in Hotsynch, it doesn't make any reference to Versamail at all. I did have difficulties with Versamail when I first got the 650....but think I bypassed all that in the past. Just have no idea how.
    Think I'm in the same boat. I assumed my Calendar file was too large to sync up from the Desktop (since there's no way to mass delete appointments - anyone? Anyone??) I have four years of stuff in there, and Desktop is force feeding it to the new 680. sigh.
    Quote Originally Posted by smksat12 View Post
    I'm just trying to shift all my data off a 650, and onto a new 680. Every time I hot-synch, everything works beatifully....with the exception of "Calendar" and "Contacts". Whenever I try to run either of them on the 680, they crash the machine.

I've performed soft resets and hard resets....scrubbed everything off the 680 and started again....and it keeps doing it. I've also gone back to the 650 and re-synched that with the desktop before performing the operation again.

Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks
    Simon

Are you doing a clean install?
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=129942