1. dv!
    I am very new to Treo & Palm OS.
    My question is...
    I haven't been able to play any type of video except things recorded on the Treo.

I usually get "You either have JavaScript turned off or an older version of Macromedia's Flash Player."

What do I do?

Sorry for such a beginner question.

Is there any thing I need to do to set it up for playing video or download something?
    Last edited by dv!; 01/20/2007 at 04:35 PM. Reason: My son wanted his juice.
    The Treo browser (Blazer) doesn't do embedded flash video pages (e.g. youtube), and the video player it comes with (crippled Kinoma) does a limited number of video formats. You can see if Kinoma Player 4 will suit your needs.
  3. dv!
    I see...
    Now off to search for the best player.

Thanks for the response.
    The old free version of TCPMP is what you need. There are many threads on it including this one.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...highlight=tcmp

and for conversion of video content try freeware VeMoDe

http://vemode.corecodec.org/
  5. dv!
    Thanks for the info.
    I downloaded TCPMP to give it a shot. First I tried it on my SD card. Then I tried it on the device. The same thing happened no matter where I put it.

It was there and played the factory mp3s (Getting Started.mp3 & Original.mp3).
    It also displayed pics from my Treo.
    I tried to play a .wmv from an email, but got a plugin warning.(Unable to find a plugin Viewer.)
    Then I went to youtube and got the same warning from before.(You either have JavaScript turned off or an older version of Macromedia's Flash Player.)
    I also tried the mobetube.com site I found in these forums. If I choose stream it opens a different player and says "Operation failed". If I click on the button that says Op. failed it attempts to reconnect then says unsupported media format.
    This is not the TCPMP though.
    If I choose Download it says your device does not support this file type.

If you don't mind, please help me figure out what I need to do or am doing wrong.

Thanks
    Last edited by dv!; 01/21/2007 at 04:10 PM.
    If you want to stream video from the Internet, you need to have Kinoma 4.
  7. dv!
    Ok.
    Thanks. I'll try that.
    Unfortunately, it is not free and there is no trial. However, it is an excellent app and can also play .mp3's, view pictures, and many videos, but not .mpg.
  9. dv!
    I did it. It works. That sucks no mpgs. That is what I always use.
    What now?
    Thanks again.
    Last edited by dv!; 01/22/2007 at 09:38 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by dv! View Post
    I did it. It works. That sucks no mpgs. That is what I always use.
    What now?
    Thanks again.
    just use the built in video app, or tcpmp to play mpegs... Unfortunately there's no one multimedia player that does everything (well) you still need to have ptunes deluxe, kinoma, & tcpmp, to have the most all around multimedia expierience on a treo...
    Quote Originally Posted by R1_Rydah View Post
    just use the built in video app, or tcpmp to play mpegs... Unfortunately there's no one multimedia player that does everything (well) you still need to have ptunes deluxe, kinoma, & tcpmp, to have the most all around multimedia expierience on a treo...
    Very revealing: up to this point I've been sifting through pros/cons of each app but you're the first to state this - at least that I've seen. I don't plan to do that though - my point I've stated elsewhere that WM works out the box, Palm you have to buy SW which I hate - trade off for wanting phone first pda I guess..
    Quote Originally Posted by gdharvey View Post
    Very revealing: up to this point I've been sifting through pros/cons of each app but you're the first to state this - at least that I've seen. I don't plan to do that though - my point I've stated elsewhere that WM works out the box, Palm you have to buy SW which I hate - trade off for wanting phone first pda I guess..
    It really doesn't bother me, for a few reasons... I'm kind use to using different players for different formats (ie my desktop)... the price point of 3rd party palm apps is low, and it gives the 3rd party developers a incentive to keep writing programs