Global Posts
    2,596 Global Posts
    Is anyone else here a Yahoo Music subscriber?

I love the service. I noticed, though, that the Yahoo Music To Go site lists only the Palm 700w and 680 as compatible Palm smartphones. Any idea why the 700p wouldn't work? Has anyone tried to use the service with a 700p?

Thanks!
    TBolt
    www.picturehangar.com | Palm Treo 700p (Verizon)
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TBolt View Post
    Is anyone else here a Yahoo Music subscriber?

I love the service. I noticed, though, that the Yahoo Music To Go site lists only the Palm 700w and 680 as compatible Palm smartphones. Any idea why the 700p wouldn't work? Has anyone tried to use the service with a 700p?

Thanks!
    Uh, try it. I would think that if it works with the 680 it will work with the 700P. They probably just aren't supporting the 700P.

And that's probably not a bad move on their part...

SMEGGIE
    Global Posts
    2,596 Global Posts
    Thought of that. Just wanted to get some input from the community before signing up for the monthly fee and transferring a bunch of .mp3's.

I seem to remember the 680 runs on Windows, like the 700w. Thought that maybe the Palm OS was incompatible.
    TBolt
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    I admittedly don't know **** about the 680 but if it IS a Windows device, you are likely outta luck. That would mean it only supports Windows devices.

SMEGGIE
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    680 is Palm OS. I would wait until they offer streaming which it says they are working on.

I wish treocentral would fix the mobile portion of the site. loading the full forums is slow with blazer.
    Yahoo! Music Unlimited To Go works fine on the Treo 700P. You need to use PocketTunes Deluxe 3.X or better. Been using it since the functionality became available.
    Yeah, Yahoo music to go doesn't use mp3's, it uses drm locked wma files. These require Pocket Tunes Deluxe, which DRM-WMA functionaliyt came out sometime in the middle of the Treo 650's lifetime.
    Check out FairUse4WM. It's hard to find, but it works as long as you don't "upgrade" to Windows Media Player 11.

Doom9 has a forum about it:
    http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=114916
    PalmPilot Professional -> Handspring Visor Deluxe (Blue) -> Samsung SPH-I300 -> Sony Clie PEG-SJ30 -> Sony Clie PEG-SJ33 -> Treo 650 -> Centro -> Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    I use Yahoo music and the 680 (and PTunes 3.x). I've been very frustrated with it. Transfer speed is verrrrrry slow. (USB 1). Pretty hard filling up a 4gb SD card. I could live with that if I could figure out a way to transfer a bunch of music all at once. There seems to be ways, but everytime I try... set it to transfer and then go to bed, I wake up the next day to some error message saying why the transfer failed. Sometimes it's device related, sometimes it's some licensing problem.

I love the service, but transferring music is just way more work than it's worth.
    Less than 400 posts to get my own little treo icon!
    Global Posts
    2,596 Global Posts
    Thanks for the input, guys. Interesting that Steve likes using the service while santa is having a hard time with it.

Glad to hear about the streaming capability being in development. I have often wanted to listen to my Yahoo Launch Radio via my Treo. Can't wait to be able to.
    TBolt