1.    #1  
    can someone help me set this up? i've emailed the people at pdanet but haven't heard yet- i've posted elsewhere and searched to no avail.

I just downloaded pdanet for my treo 700p (sprint). I first installed on my desktop (xp) and have no problems getting it to work.

However, I then downloaded pdanet to my laptop (ibm, xp pro) (after installing hotsync) and I keep getting 733 error message. Did reboot of ibm and soft reset of treo and still no luck.

I then tried to install pdanet to my fujitsu laptop (xp) but I keep getting the following error messages :
    UpdateDriverForPlugAndPlayDevices err=2
    followed by
    Fail to install PdaNet Modem
    and i can't even install pdanet.

Iím at a loss!

Any ideas as to how I can get this to work on both laptops?? or can you direct me to any website regarding the pdanet?? i tried FAQ at pdanet (junefabrics)- no luck there either

thanks
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eddieras View Post
    can someone help me set this up? i've emailed the people at pdanet but haven't heard yet- i've posted elsewhere and searched to no avail.

I just downloaded pdanet for my treo 700p (sprint). I first installed on my desktop (xp) and have no problems getting it to work.

However, I then downloaded pdanet to my laptop (ibm, xp pro) (after installing hotsync) and I keep getting 733 error message. Did reboot of ibm and soft reset of treo and still no luck.

I then tried to install pdanet to my fujitsu laptop (xp) but I keep getting the following error messages :
    followed by
    and i can't even install pdanet.

Iím at a loss!

Any ideas as to how I can get this to work on both laptops?? or can you direct me to any website regarding the pdanet?? i tried FAQ at pdanet (junefabrics)- no luck there either

thanks
    I'd like to help ya, eddieras, but when I installed it, I had zero issues. I would suggest what you already probably know - try to install it again and again until it installs correctly. If that doesn't work, then fall back on JuneFabrics support.

SMEGGIE
  3.    #3  
    got it going on my ibm, but can't on my fujitsu laptop (xp home)
    I keep getting the following error messages :
    followed by

any ideas-- i am able to hot sync on it
    Try updating your drivers... open the control panel and see if everything looks fine... Then check that you have all the updates on windows XP.

After that, reboot and try to install.
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
  5.    #5  
    thanks- got a reply from junefabrics - they directed me to a download for a registry edit- one click and i was good to go- all set and running perfectly!
    I am also getting error code 733 with pdanet 4.11.

What was the resgistry change that they gave you that made it work?
    Why are you using PDA net instead of the tethering hack? (just curious)
    1. I had read about stability issues with tethered hack

2. I already had pdanet from a previous treo

Still curious what the registry mod is to make pdanet work.
    me too, cant get pdanet to work with my 700p vzw and vista ultimate on an x61 tab