1.    #1  
    This was announced in the middle of the battery thread, but I'm not sure general readers would know that the extended battery within the existing form factor has been released by Seidio. There is some debate about how valuable it is (barely 8.5% increase over the original), but I already ordered two so there may be others to whom it seems important.

The funny thing is I put myself on Seidio's mailing list for notification but I never received anything.

http://www.seidioonline.com/index.as...ROD&ProdID=630
    Last edited by mdavis; 01/20/2007 at 05:26 PM. Reason: Per post from Seidio that says this is not or may not be the best they can do
    not enough improvement to upgrade IMHO
    Fred
    Cingular 680
    8%, that's it?!! Sorry, but this is insignificant to me. Was I naive to expect 20%+ from a replacement battery?
    Quote Originally Posted by mdavis View Post
    This was announced in the middle of the battery thread, but I'm not sure general readers would know that the extended battery within the existing form factor has been released by Seidio. There is some debate about how valuable it is (barely 8.5% increase over the original), but I already ordered two so there may be others to whom it seems important.

The funny thing is I put myself on Seidio's mailing list for notification but I never received anything.

http://www.seidioonline.com/index.as...ROD&ProdID=630
    Sorry about not getting this out to the mailing list. Sometimes our releases sneak up on us and get posted before we get a chance to blink. This is also more of a replacement battery because of it's small increase.

I posted this on another thread and wanted to make sure you saw it here too:

We don't want any future complaints so I wanted to give you some inside information. With the release of this battery, we are still working on a battery of the same form factor with more power. I do not have an ETA yet, but I didn't want upset customers if we come out with another one sooner than we expect.

Thanks
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    I ordered one just to have a second battery. The small increase is just a plus. I will order a larger capacity battery as long is it is in the same form factor.
    Mee too!!
    it's a good buy if you only have the original battery..if like me you already went and bought a spare it might be difficult to justify...I'll wait and see if the 2nd version is better thanks!