Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I'm sorry to bring this back but I have tomtom6 on both my centro and 700p converted.

Now when using Tomtom it seems to only refresh like once or twice a second when moving in the 3d map mode. Also when choosing anything in the menu it takes about 2-3 seconds for it to respond to screen comands.

Is this normal?

I tried formatting the 2gb micro sd in my cento using this command in DOS

format X: /FS:FAT /A:32K

After that it said

Initializing the File Allocation Table (FAT)...
    Volume label (11 characters, ENTER for none)?

I hit enter after that.

I tried to copy the folders back onto my card like palm audio dcim etc and they all take forever to transfer.

Did I do something wrong?

Can someone Please tell me how to properly format a sandisk 2gb Micro sd card for a Centro to get tomtom running faster and smoother?

Also for a 8gb Adata SDHC class 6 for my treo 700p?

Any help whatsoever will be greatly appreciated.
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by drvjmj View Post
    Using Chkdsk x: doesn't show the cluster size. It examines files, but the DOS box disappears before I can see what results it produces. I tried chkdsk x: /p as we used to use in DOS but it doesn't pause the window.

Any further thots on checking the cluster size on the SD?
    +++++++

Try going to a DOS window first, then try bringing up CHKDSK.
    i.e. Start | Run | cmd, then within the DOS window type in CHKDSK x: (change x: with your actual drive letter for your mSD/SD memory card).
    Last edited by Palmfood; 12/26/2008 at 01:31 PM. Reason: I corrected a simple typeo.
    Quote Originally Posted by OLD_HATCH View Post
    format X: /FS:FAT /A:32K

Try this, it will work smoother

format X: /FS:FAT /A:16K
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Barnel View Post
    Very important is the cluster size of your card. You will get the best results with the following cluster sizes. Use the DOS box for formatting your card. I`m using a Transcend 4 GB / 150x with best results (16K), even with big Western Europe map.

Less than 4 GB (FAT16):
    2 GB SD (SanDisk) FAT16 mit 32K: format X: /FS:FAT /A:32K

4 GB and more (FAT32):
    4 GB SD or SDHC (Transcend) FAT32 mit 16K: format X: /FS:FAT32 /A:16K

"X" is the drive letter.

Wow!! Interesting information. I was thinking of moving up to a 32 GB card on my 680. Do you think your "4GB and more" statement still applies with cards of that capacity (32 GB)?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123