1.    #1  
    I just got Sony Ericcson HBH-DS970 stereo bluetooth headset, and the beta demo version of Softick Audio Gateway 1.08. I set them up sucessfully with my Verizon 700p, then tried using it to listen to podcasts on my morning commute. Here's the situation:
    • Starting Treo battery level 80-90%
    • Phone was OFF throughout
    • Using Pocket Tunes 4 Pro half the time, then Audible Player
    • After about 1 hour of listening my Treo battery was down to about 20%

I haven't used the Bluetooth with the Treo prior to this. Is this level of battery consumption normal? Is it related to SAG? (I'm using the stock Palm battery, BTW) I have traditionally been doing the commute listening the same way, only with wired headphones, and have never experienced battery consumption anywhere near this.

Thanks
    Dave
    I dont know if that degree of drain is normal, but A2DP uses a massive amount of processor power to re-encode your mp3's to the lossy codec used by the headphones, and of course streaming a massive amount of data via bluetooth also uses a lot of battery power (vs just being idle).

Surur
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by djfriedman View Post
    I just got Sony Ericcson HBH-DS970 stereo bluetooth headset, and the beta demo version of Softick Audio Gateway 1.08. I set them up sucessfully with my Verizon 700p, then tried using it to listen to podcasts on my morning commute. Here's the situation:
    • Starting Treo battery level 80-90%
    • Phone was OFF throughout
    • Using Pocket Tunes 4 Pro half the time, then Audible Player
    • After about 1 hour of listening my Treo battery was down to about 20%

I haven't used the Bluetooth with the Treo prior to this. Is this level of battery consumption normal? Is it related to SAG? (I'm using the stock Palm battery, BTW) I have traditionally been doing the commute listening the same way, only with wired headphones, and have never experienced battery consumption anywhere near this.

Thanks
    Dave

Hey Dave,

Can you post some performance feedback in the bluetooth section using your HBH-DS970, the 700p, and SAG.1.08 ? Thanks.
    HP Pre 3 16GB AT&T
    HP Touchpad 32GB