1.    #1  
    I have done this 3 times now on a new computer doing a system restore after each install. I install Office 2003 and then the 680 disk that came with my Treo and then Outlook runs slow. I click on an email and it takes a few seconds for the computer to respond. All other programs run fine. I know it is the Palm software doing this as I stated I have done this three times now. Anyone else have this problem?
    Global Posts
    234 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gadgetjunkies View Post
    I have done this 3 times now on a new computer doing a system restore after each install. I install Office 2003 and then the 680 disk that came with my Treo and then Outlook runs slow. I click on an email and it takes a few seconds for the computer to respond. All other programs run fine. I know it is the Palm software doing this as I stated I have done this three times now. Anyone else have this problem?
    Get a mac, for chrissakes. I'm dead serious, no disrespect intended.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by zeze22 View Post
    Get a mac, for chrissakes. I'm dead serious, no disrespect intended.
    Not an option.
    Sounds like Outlook is syncing with Palm desktop every time data changes.

Check to see if there is an option or check box on the install of the palm desktop that is causing it to want to sync all the time...
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by dobbsa View Post
    Sounds like Outlook is syncing with Palm desktop every time data changes.

Check to see if there is an option or check box on the install of the palm desktop that is causing it to want to sync all the time...
    I have had many Palm products over the years and have never had Outlook respond like this after an install of Plam's Desktop. I want to sync with Outlook not Plam's Desktop. My wife has a 680 and I installed the Palm software on her laptop and it works fine. She also sync's with Outlook not Palm's Desktop.