Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Press: KeyShades Hack
    Press and Hold: HandyShopper

Quote Originally Posted by PatrickS View Post
    You can use opt-home to defeat the hijack.
    Unfortunately, opt-home does NOT work to defeat the hijack in some of my applications.
    Palm since Palm Professional --- Treo 650 (2 yrs), iPhone since 6/29/07
    How are you getting more than 1 program assigned to the side button?

Under Prefs->buttons the only open is "Press+Hold side button". I'd love to be able to assign something to it when it's pressed and not held, but I don't know where to set this!

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnLar View Post
    How are you getting more than 1 program assigned to the side button?

Under Prefs->buttons the only open is "Press+Hold side button". I'd love to be able to assign something to it when it's pressed and not held, but I don't know where to set this!

Thanks!
    This ability is not built into the standard preferences provided by PalmOS. Certain programs (CallRec, Hi-Launcher, Snapcalc, ...) have the ability to set a trigger to launch them as background processes or overlays of the running program. That's how I'm getting Double-Click of the Side button to start a CallRec recording, for instance.
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnH59 View Post
    I use it for screen rotation. I rotate the screen when traveling to watch movies or use my Treo with the universal keyboard. Press the button rotates the screen then I can use the universal keyboard to navigate.
    Are you using a treo? I can't immagine how a screen rotated treo would look like ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Emkay View Post
    Are you using a treo? I can't immagine how a screen rotated treo would look like ...
    The Windows Treos' screens can be rotated
    Press & Hold = SIMBOOK, since Good does not use the SIM, and I am too lazy to copy the contacts...
    Quote Originally Posted by Emkay View Post
    I do use a Treo. Since it's square, it looks just like it does in it's normal position. The purpose is that when it is rotated and on a keyboard, you can plug in headphones and it is more stable on it's side than standing up. I typically use it when flying.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12