Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Name: RecorderX
    Version: 1.0
    URL: http://palmgear.com/index.cfm?xyz=129534

Software Release: January 18, 2007

http://img347.imageshack.us/img347/7051/mainviewpc0.gif

http://img347.imageshack.us/img347/522/129534aq8.gif

RecorderX is a powerful and functional sound recording software designed for Palm Treo. You may use RecorderX to record phone conversation, make voice memo, make conference notes, or capture any sound. The outstanding and friendly UI design of RecorderX is also specially optimized for the Treo’s QWERTY keyboard.
    RecorderX includes the following main features:

* Record sound directly on Treo.
    * Record phone calls directly on Treo.
    * Automatic phone calls recording.
    * Adjustable auto naming rule.
    * Unlimited recording duration (Recording duration is only limited by the remaining memory or the SD card free space).
    * Standard WAVE format output for the recorded sound, which may be played back on the PC with general WAVE player.
    * Support ADPCM compression, which may deflate the sound file size down to 25%.
    * Recording in background while the screen is turned off.
    * Adjustable one button recording.
    * Store sound records in the internal memory or on the external SD card.
    * Move sound files between internal memory and SD card.
    * Organize sound records into categories, more than 16.
    * Supporting background playback recorded files.
    * Supporting "A <> B" repeating playback.
    * Multiple recording quality selection.
    * Support sending sound records via e-mail.
    * Beam sound records over IR.
    * Intuitive and easy to use UI.
    * Completely 5-way navigation buttons support.
    * Optimized for Treo 600/650/680/700p.

Shareware $16.95 USD

Could this be the CallRec, Audacity Pro and mVoice KILLER???

I tried to record phone calls on my Treo 600 without enabling the speaker phone and it worked like a champ! This is definitely a keeper on my Treo. mVoice can kiss my a** goodbye.
    Anyone have comments on this app?
    Look nice, but I like Callrec. Easy to use.

Quote Originally Posted by Suntzupa View Post
    Name: RecorderX
    Version: 1.0
    URL: http://palmgear.com/index.cfm?xyz=129534

Software Release: January 18, 2007

http://img347.imageshack.us/img347/7051/mainviewpc0.gif

http://img347.imageshack.us/img347/522/129534aq8.gif

Could this be the CallRec, Audacity Pro and mVoice KILLER???

I tried to record phone calls on my Treo 600 without enabling the speaker phone and it worked like a champ! This is definitely a keeper on my Treo. mVoice can kiss my a** goodbye.
    Oh wow, what a great app, records great! Nice interface and love the overall ease of use! A keeper!
    Why? What's different between this, Callrec, mVoice, etc?
    Quote Originally Posted by sblanter View Post
    Why? What's different between this, Callrec, mVoice, etc?
    Yea, I'd lke to know, too. I'm seeing a bunch of superlatives without any meat and potatoes.

Haven't tried this yet, but from the looks of the photo at the top of this thread, it looks like the control buttons are tiny. One of the great things with CallRec is that you can push buttons with a jab of a fat thumb and it's likely to work just fine. Very handy when on the go and working one-handed.
    Quote Originally Posted by PatrickS View Post
    Yea, I'd lke to know, too. I'm seeing a bunch of superlatives without any meat and potatoes.

Haven't tried this yet, but from the looks of the photo at the top of this thread, it looks like the control buttons are tiny. One of the great things with CallRec is that you can push buttons with a jab of a fat thumb and it's likely to work just fine. Very handy when on the go and working one-handed.
    me toooo
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    I want to know if it will record streaming radio stations in stereo and if it doesnt what will?
    Well I used Callrec and it for some reasons just reset on me at times so I dumped it, mVoice is lil too hard for me to get a good voice quality. It sometimes skip fraction of a second. The buttons are tiny but I hardly use them. They have shortcuts so I don't have to touch the screen. Enter to record/stop, backspace to delete and use the side button to record from any app. I also love the seamless recording when call comes in or out. It just works and haven't reset yet *knocks on wood*
    It seems RecorderX has already been updated to version 1.11. I'm about to give it a go now.

version 1.1
    Compression algorithm optimization, better sound quality and smaller size.
    Support "no caller id" incoming calls.
    Minor internal updates.

version 1.11
    Corrected noise problems.

d-
    So far, so good. This app simply works!

d-
    Yeah, if callrec didn't work 100% perfectly for me, I'd try it out!
    Treo 300 (x2), 600 (x3), 650 (x6), 700p (ROM'd to 755p)
    My Custom Black-Tie 700p
    Sprint, 750 AT, Unl N/W @ 7pm, Unl Roaming/Power Vision/Pix/Txt/M2M, $46/mo.
    Lost Your Treo 300/600/650/680/700/750 CD? Download them here.
    I like that program looks pretty nifty...
    One thing that recorderx does that the others doesn't is record user defined phone numbers...that feature alone does it for me above the others. I don't have to remember to start recording when certain come in or out. Plus, the developer has been awesome withe the few, small bugs I've seen.

I highly recommend it!
    Treo 650 Verizon
    One thing that CallRec has is a conduit to copy files to a PC. Maybe a future release of RecorderX will have it too.
    I don't need a conduit...all the files are stored on the sd card. Easy enough to get to...especially if you use a card reader app on the treo.
    Treo 650 Verizon
    according to the documentation, recorder x cannot append previous recordings

for that matter call rec cant either.

mvoice can append additional new recording at the end only.

audacity is the only application that can navigate thru your previous recordings and re-record over any part of them, just like a tape player.

for simple voice memos you dont need appending, but anyone who uses the treo for dictation would find this very useful.
    Quote Originally Posted by cellmatrix View Post
    according to the documentation, recorder x cannot append previous recordings

for that matter call rec cant either.

mvoice can append additional new recording at the end only.

audacity is the only application that can navigate thru your previous recordings and re-record over any part of them, just like a tape player.

for simple voice memos you dont need appending, but anyone who uses the treo for dictation would find this very useful.
    thanks for sharing that with us...im having a hard time deciding b/w recording apps..
    Quote Originally Posted by abe frohman View Post
    I don't need a conduit...all the files are stored on the sd card. Easy enough to get to...especially if you use a card reader app on the treo.

what card reader app would you recommend?
    thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by migs View Post
    I want to know if it will record streaming radio stations in stereo and if it doesnt what will?
    Me too.

Any answers to this question?
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast