Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by aprasad View Post
    Me too.

Any answers to this question?
    I would like to know as well!
    Quote Originally Posted by cellmatrix View Post
    according to the documentation, recorder x cannot append previous recordings

for that matter call rec cant either.

mvoice can append additional new recording at the end only.

audacity is the only application that can navigate thru your previous recordings and re-record over any part of them, just like a tape player.

for simple voice memos you dont need appending, but anyone who uses the treo for dictation would find this very useful.
    Nice breakdown, CM!

d
    I use 'Card Reader' by Mobile Stream. I use 'onLaunch' to launch card reader after every hotsync so I can see the sd card contents if I want.
    Treo 650 Verizon
    I ran across this thread for Recorder X and decided to test it (I've been using CallRec). I love the idea of the auto record for incoming and outgoing calls for certain numbers. I just tested it, though, and it worked for the outgoing call to the specified number, but not for the incoming call. Any idea why?
    Quote Originally Posted by ChristieC View Post
    I ran across this thread for Recorder X and decided to test it (I've been using CallRec). I love the idea of the auto record for incoming and outgoing calls for certain numbers. I just tested it, though, and it worked for the outgoing call to the specified number, but not for the incoming call. Any idea why?

Not sure. I've been using it for about 5 days now and no problem recording calls from/to any direction. It's been nothing but solid, at least for me.

d-
    Quote Originally Posted by duke duke View Post
    Not sure. I've been using it for about 5 days now and no problem recording calls from/to any direction. It's been nothing but solid, at least for me.

d-
    Thanks for the reply, D. I thought it might be because I was calling from a number within the same area code and had input the area code and number in the custom field for ingong/outgoing auto call record, so I tried putting in just the 7-digit number, as well. About 10 tests later, the outgoing auto call record works every time and the incoming auto record hasn't worked once. If anyone has any insight as to what I may be doing wrong, or how I can fix this, I would be very appreciative!
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenHex View Post
    One thing that CallRec has is a conduit to copy files to a PC. Maybe a future release of RecorderX will have it too.
    RecorderX now has a conduit!

"Hello,

RecorderX v1.2 updated!

Update details:

* RecorderX Conduit v1.0 release.
    * Improved the record for outgoing calls.
    * Minor internal updates.

Download: http://www.palmgear.com/index.cfm?fu...&prodid=129534

Best Regards,
    bmxsoft"
    Treo 650 Verizon
    Quote Originally Posted by migs View Post
    I want to know if it will record streaming radio stations in stereo and if it doesnt what will?
    This doesn't , it can recorder streaming music very nicely but only in mono .
    I like CallRec 4.0 much better because RecorderX 1.2 doesn't allow one-touch recording from within other applications. (At least that's the case on my VZ 700p.) This means that if you're on a phone call and decide you want to record it, you have to open RecorderX first and then press record. Not very fast or intuitive.

In CallRec you can record one-touch with the side key from any application.
  10.    #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by bsolomon View Post
    I like CallRec 4.0 much better because RecorderX 1.2 doesn't allow one-touch recording from within other applications. (At least that's the case on my VZ 700p.) This means that if you're on a phone call and decide you want to record it, you have to open RecorderX first and then press record. Not very fast or intuitive.

In CallRec you can record one-touch with the side key from any application.
    there is a long press key recording activation in RecorderX. Check out General Options. Personally, I use the datebook hardbutton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Suntzupa View Post
    there is a long press key recording activation in RecorderX. Check out General Options. Personally, I use the datebook hardbutton.
    On my 700p the One Button Recording only works from within RecorderX. If it's supposed to work from any application, it's not working for me. Maybe that's because I have Enable Keylauncher activated in Butler?
    If the developers of RecorderX are reading this, I have a suggestion for a feature:

To NOT record conversations (automatically) for a particular caller or callers in a particular category.
    This has got to be the most UNDERRATED Treo software ever. Tried it today and it's perfect. Interface is slick, the quality is amazing and recording my phone calls will change the way I do business. Like someone earlier in the thread stated...this application simply just WORKS!

Honestly, this should be a standard feature in a $600 smart phone. It makes the phone SMART!
    I bought RecorderX for $17 bucks, and it does not work as described.

Does anyone know where I Can get support for this product? I cannot find it and the instruction manual is terrible. (Sorry, but it's true.)

I wrote bmx software, but I'm not holding my breath for a reply...

In case you know the answers, here are my problems:

First, there does not appear to be any way of transferring files between my SD card and my Palm, as is advertised in the manual. How do I do this?!!

Second, there is no instruction on how to install the conduit. I tried to click on it, but it crashed repeatedly and it does not synch anything.

Third, there is no way of registering the software it never indicated that it needed to be registered when I opened it. Perhaps I bought a pre-registered version? It was from PalmGear I think...

Thanks for any help you can give me.
  15.    #35  
    1) you can transfer your recorded files by clicking and selecting it then go to the menu. Select Category, just choose any folder below the Palm Memory item.

2) i just installed the conduit. its like plug and play.

3) if it doesnt expire, then thats a full version.
    v 1.3 is out. This version, as well as, 1.2 comes with playback issues, at least for me. I use a Treo 680 and have both a 1G and a 2G Sandisk Ultra II card. Playback skips!! It is horrible. Both these cards "should" be plenty fast enough. Playback on v 1.1 did not skip with these cards. I, too, have already paid for this app but am now skeptical of getting support (wherever support may be). Is anyone else having experiencing this? I will try it with my 512G PNY when I get home. But again, earlier versions with the same set up were fine.

d-
    In my experience, RecorderX was skippy on playback. I recorded a conversation where I repeated a 16-digit number and only 11 of the digits were played back. Also, it did not record the other side of the phone conversation at anything near the levels CallRec did. With RX, I'd have to listen closely for the whisper on the other side. With Call Rec, it's loud and clear. Am I doing something wrong?
    The final nail in the coffin might be the lack of a developer response to my request about licensing structure (free upgrades, etc).
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    Quote Originally Posted by skfny View Post
    In my experience, RecorderX was skippy on playback. I recorded a conversation where I repeated a 16-digit number and only 11 of the digits were played back. Also, it did not record the other side of the phone conversation at anything near the levels CallRec did. With RX, I'd have to listen closely for the whisper on the other side. With Call Rec, it's loud and clear. Am I doing something wrong?
    The final nail in the coffin might be the lack of a developer response to my request about licensing structure (free upgrades, etc).
    Thanks for the quick reply. I actually tested it by saying the alphabet. Sux I already paid for it. Would feel much better of support was existent.

d-
    Quote Originally Posted by duke duke View Post
    Thanks for the quick reply. I actually tested it by saying the alphabet. Sux I already paid for it. Would feel much better of support was existent.

d-
    I've tried both RecorderX and CallRec and I prefer the latter -- far superior playback, IMHO.
    Totally Agree with last poster... playback is crap on RecX. my voice was loud and clear but caller was very faint. CallRec had no such problem.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast