Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    A while back I tried an app on my treo 700p that enabled me to create custom messages that could be used when "ignoring" an incoming call (like the "ignore with text" feature. I discoverd SharkText yesterday, but I could swear this feature was in another app that, I think, did other things as well, like Butler, or something like that. In fact, I may have even bought it, but I can't remember the name. I'd greatly appreciate any help I can get!
    reubkov
    Palm Treo 755p with 2GB SanDisk microSD, Launcher X
    CallFilter
    SharkMsg
    Buzz2
    TreoProc
    Global Posts
    320 Global Posts
    Lightwav?
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    Nope, none of those. I do have SharkMsg (I think I referred to it as SharkText, above) but that's not the one I had originally. I looked at the description of CallFilter and it looks pretty cool, but rather expensive.

Any other thoughts? I KNOW that I installed a piece of software that had this feature!

MUCH thanks,
    reubkov
    LudusW? (enhanced SharkMsg)

TelFilter? but that is in Chinese.

I also don't know if "CallBlock" does what you have described.

CallShield maybe?
    Last edited by GreenHex; 01/20/2007 at 12:36 PM. Reason: Added CallShield
    Ludus/SharkMsg always got in the way of using the Option key while on a call for me, even with the voicemail stuff disabled. Every time I tried to type in a number while on a call it would pop up the voicemail input window.
    Callfilter is no longer supported by its developer - he still takes money for it but provides NO support for it. I was never able to get it to work properly on my 650 or 700p.

Ben

Quote Originally Posted by GreenHex View Post
    CallFilter
    SharkMsg
    Buzz2
    TreoProc
    That feature is standard on the 700p. Are you sure you weren't using the buillt in one?
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    Callfilter is no longer supported by its developer - he still takes money for it but provides NO support for it. ...
    How nice of him! %^#$@*!
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    Callfilter is no longer supported by its developer - he still takes money for it but provides NO support for it. I was never able to get it to work properly on my 650 or 700p.

Ben
    Actually, I've been corresponding today with Phil Miller (miller.phil@velocityware.com) who says that an update to CallFilter for the Treo 680 and 700p will be ready very soon. He says to keep an eye on Velocityware.com and MyTreo.net (Velocityware forum).

Quote Originally Posted by cavingjan View Post
    That feature is standard on the 700p. Are you sure you weren't using the buillt in one?
    I may have, but how do you access it / edit the messages? The only time I see any kind of access to that feature is when a call is coming in. That isn't exactly the best time to be tweaking it...

Also, it wasn't the following:

LudusW
    Lightwav
    TelFilter
    CallBlock
    CallShield

THANKS everyone...
    reubkov
    If that is true, he will make zillions of us very happy - Callfilter on the 600 was one of three applications I depended on. I am wondering though, is Rob still there?

Ben

Quote Originally Posted by reubkov View Post
    Actually, I've been corresponding today with Phil Miller (miller.phil@velocityware.com) who says that an update to CallFilter for the Treo 680 and 700p will be ready very soon. He says to keep an eye on Velocityware.com and MyTreo.net (Velocityware forum).

I may have, but how do you access it / edit the messages? The only time I see any kind of access to that feature is when a call is coming in. That isn't exactly the best time to be tweaking it...

LudusW
    Lightwav
    TelFilter
    CallBlock
    CallShield

THANKS everyone...
    Have you tried to look in your apps folder in your desktop in your user folder in Palm? It might still be there but just disabled?

the path should be as follows:

C:\ProgramFiles\Palm\*user folder*\backup.

Im not sure if it stores deleted apps but its worth a try!
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    That's excellent news. Sign me up!

The only time I see any kind of access to that feature is when a call is coming in. That isn't exactly the best time to be tweaking it...

LudusW
    Lightwav
    TelFilter
    CallBlock
    CallShield

THANKS everyone...
    Sure it isn't "TreoProc"? I ask since you mention that the only time you see it is when you get an incoming call. (It is also not in your "wasn't" list). If it is it will be in the Preferences Panel.