1.    #1  
    My 680 could be a better phone if it wasn't so annoying.

1st - pressing any key silences the ringtone.. so, if a call comes in and the phone is in your pocket and you accidentally have it pressed in, then it shuts of the ringtone. making you miss a call.

2nd, whenever, I get a new call and it lets me add in a new contact, it goes into the contact page only to flip back to the phone page.. does it everytime. Is this a bug or some other software conflicting with the phone app.

Is there any fix for these bugs???... 3rd party apps maybe??
    Quote Originally Posted by winton View Post
    My 680 could be a better phone if it wasn't so annoying.

1st - pressing any key silences the ringtone.. so, if a call comes in and the phone is in your pocket and you accidentally have it pressed in, then it shuts of the ringtone. making you miss a call.

2nd, whenever, I get a new call and it lets me add in a new contact, it goes into the contact page only to flip back to the phone page.. does it everytime. Is this a bug or some other software conflicting with the phone app.

Is there any fix for these bugs???... 3rd party apps maybe??
    As far as your 1st observation goes, this is a problem with the 680 keyguard.

The keyguard is not trapping the first keypress, be it inadvertent (pocket jostling or a snug case...) or on purpose, thereby silencing the ring which causes missed calls.

Be aware also that this keyguard problem affects your Calendar alarms.

I hope you don't want to be able depend on your 680 to remind you of important appoinments or events or birthdays etc...
  3.    #3  
    Ok. Palms gotta comeout with a fix for this. <you guys listening> I don't think it would be that difficult to patch.

I got a 680 to make calls and depend on it for my scheduling/Diary.. Thats how this device is making money for me... The least they could do is get the 2 right before anything else.
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    Hah....now i know why i have quite a few missed calls. maybe a third party application would make the other keys inactive when a call comes in....anyone know one???
    Strange..haven't noticed this but read about it here...maybe I HAVE missed a few calls....will have to look into it.
    Quote Originally Posted by adambike View Post
    Hah....now i know why i have quite a few missed calls. maybe a third party application would make the other keys inactive when a call comes in....anyone know one???
    Butler does this among other things
    Wisdom sheds light on the knowledge you have accumulated

Palm Pre (Sprint)
    Quote Originally Posted by adambike View Post
    None of them work due to the way the 680 keyguard has been implemented.
    Quote Originally Posted by Franko515 View Post
    Butler does this among other things
    Hi Franko:

I haven't tested with Butler for a few weeks, but I have discussed this with Rob and there is a problem with the implementation of the 680 keyguard and up to a few weeks ago Butler was not the solution to keep the alarm from being silenced. Butler's nag could remind you that you missed the call or alarm, but it wouldn't protect against the silenced alarms.

The Palm 680 native keyguard is not trapping the first keypress and allows inadvertent silencing of calendar alarms and incoming ring signals ='s missed calls and undependable calendar alarms.
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    My keyguard is also not trapping the first keypress and allowing inadvertent silencing of calendar alarms and incoming ring signals. Anyone know how to fix this?