1.    #1  
    Tia
    Look for piloc. Since I don't know which Treo you have I don't know if you need to check if version available is compatible.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by detective View Post
    Look for piloc. Since I don't know which Treo you have I don't know if you need to check if version available is compatible.
    700p
    thanks!

ETA: Downloaded piloc for treo650
    It's working!
    thanks
    Last edited by psixichka; 01/20/2007 at 12:07 AM.
  4.    #4  
    well my treo kept on soft resetting when I pressed the phone feature yesterday so I removed piloc
    will try again later to reinstall it & see if the problem goes away

i really liked having a bilingual treo(just like me lol)
    Last edited by psixichka; 01/20/2007 at 05:47 PM.
  5.    #5  
    it will not remove piloc
    now what do I do???

((
    Did you try to remove it with FileZ?
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by copernicus View Post
    Did you try to remove it with FileZ?
    will look for FileZ just to have it for the future
    thanks

so far I think I fixed it ( I chose for piloc not to be associated with the phone feature)
    a lot of it is in Russian( i just have to read it 2-3 times to get used to it& understand it lol) & so far I can use the phone with no soft resets!
    There may be other Russian localization applications. Suggest you search on the terms Palm Russian localization with your favorite search engine.
  9.    #9  
    thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by psixichka View Post
    well my treo kept on soft resetting when I pressed the phone feature yesterday so I removed piloc
    will try again later to reinstall it & see if the problem goes away

i really liked having a bilingual treo(just like me lol)
    I've been using Piloc on my 650 for a couple of years (and before that, on my 600). It has been super stable, never caused any problems, and I use it for both Hebrew and Arabic. But I have not used it for total localization - mostly when I want to read (99%) in those languages.
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
    Hey, privet psixichka,

Where did you get a PiLoc version for your 700p? They only have it for the 600/650/680 at http://piloc.penreader.com/cgi-bin/p...oice=A&Russian.

Spasibo!
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by whothehelltook View Post
    Hey, privet psixichka,

Where did you get a PiLoc version for your 700p? They only have it for the 600/650/680 at http://piloc.penreader.com/cgi-bin/p...oice=A&Russian.

Spasibo!
    I used the version listed above, but I erased it because the resets/lag were driving me crazy
    One tech support lady at Penreader told me that the 680 version would work. I tried it and it did not. I had some Russian letters showing due to either their one folt that they had, or maybe some residue from other applications that I tried (InterType and something else), but nothing worked to the point of being useable. I could not type/write either. Then today the other lady said that the 680 version would not work. It did not crash anything, it just did not work.

So what should we do? Which version did you try?

I am starting to miss my freaking buggy, slow, unreliable, unuseable, with poor phone and data coverage, Cingular Treo 750 WM.
  14.    #14  
    Global Posts
    191 Global Posts
    Vsem privet!
    warning, piloc when enabled, causes problems with versamail - it won't sync calendar properly
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    I got tired of the constant resets from Piloc (Penreaders version) and found Intertype. http://www.beiks.com/palmzonebg/Show...sp?TitleID=299
    Not quite as nice as Piloc, which I was totally used to, but it is rock-solid. I have never had a reset or problem because of it. And it was updated back in September to translate more encodings. Good product.