1.    #1  
    These seem to be popping up a lot. So much attention doesn't speak well for the company. I tried to keep it in PM, but the company's "response" drove me to post here. Let me also say that I feel bad for seidioseidio, who seems to be a sincere person, trying to sort out the havoc his company is generating with product and service problems.

Here's my issue... I bought the Seidio horizontal holster recently. It arrived less than a week ago, and I have used it for 4 days. Yesterday, my phone and case crashed to the floor. When I picked it up, I saw that the belt clip had come off... along with some cardboard (cardboard????!!!) and what turns out to be microscopically thin leather.

http://www.myattitudesucks.com/fark/phone_case.jpg

I contacted seidioseidio via PM and asked for assistance. He pointed me to Margaret in "Customer Service." I called for Margaret 3 times starting at 9:00 CDT this morning, then around 11:30, then at 2:00. Their menu says #3 is Customer Service, but a 3 got me "online sales" each time. (BTW, is this a real business? Why don't they answer their phones?) I left messages each time, but didn't hear back from Margaret or anyone else. So, I sent a second PM to seidioseidio to let him know I couldn't reach anyone.

At 4:28 CDT, I got a call that I couldn't catch (I was on the other line ), and, of course... it was Margaret. However, she wasn't returning my calls. She said she was responding to my second PM to seidioseidio. She said she'd be at the office until 4:30 (yes, she called 2 minutes before she left for the weekend). I called back as quickly as I could, but got Cythia (sp??) instead. The way she addressed my questions about getting in touch with Margaret, the product issue I had, etc., gave me the impression that she was just an answering service-- I asked, she wasn't, she "works" there but couldn't help me. I would need to call back on Monday and talk to Margaret. Apparently, Margaret is the only person at the company who is actually allowed to do anything. Skrew 'em. I'll dispute the charge for the defective product and badmouth them every chance I get. If they want to shut me up, they'll bring their customer service up to caveman levels and try to solve the problem instead of blowing me off so effectively.

Quote Originally Posted by labboypro View Post
    These seem to be popping up a lot. So much attention doesn't speak well for the company.

I tried to keep it in PM, but the company's "response" drove me to post here. Let me also say that I feel bad for seidioseidio, who seems to be a sincere person, trying to sort out the havoc his company is generating with product and service problems.

Here's my issue... I bought the Seidio horizontal holster recently. It arrived less than a week ago, and I have used it for 4 days. Yesterday, my phone and case crashed to the floor. When I picked it up, I saw that the belt clip had come off... along with some cardboard (cardboard????!!!) and what turns out to be microscopically thin leather.

http://www.myattitudesucks.com/fark/phone_case.jpg

I contacted seidioseidio via PM and asked for assistance. He pointed me to Margaret in "Customer Service." I called for Margaret 3 times starting at 9:00 CDT this morning, then around 11:30, then at 2:00. Their menu says #3 is Customer Service, but a 3 got me "online sales" each time. (BTW, is this a real business? Why don't they answer their phones?) I left messages each time, but didn't hear back from Margaret or anyone else. So, I sent a second PM to seidioseidio to let him know I couldn't reach anyone.

At 4:28 CDT, I got a call that I couldn't catch (I was on the other line ), and, of course... it was Margaret. However, she wasn't returning my calls. She said she was responding to my second PM to seidioseidio. She said she'd be at the office until 4:30 (yes, she called 2 minutes before she left for the weekend). I called back as quickly as I could, but got Cythia (sp??) instead. The way she addressed my questions about getting in touch with Margaret, the product issue I had, etc., gave me the impression that she was just an answering service-- I asked, she wasn't, she "works" there but couldn't help me. I would need to call back on Monday and talk to Margaret. Apparently, Margaret is the only person at the company who is actually allowed to do anything. Skrew 'em. I'll dispute the charge for the defective product and badmouth them every chance I get. If they want to shut me up, they'll bring their customer service up to caveman levels and try to solve the problem instead of blowing me off so effectively.

Let me begin by saying that we apologize for not getting your problem taken care of in the time frame you were expecting.

You did send me a PM yesterday at 4:35pm to which the owner of our company replied last night and asked you to call our customer service manager Margaret. Many people on the forums are enthusiasts like us and tend to be some of our most knowledgeable but particular customers. My philosophy has always been if you can make people on the forums happy the rest of your customers are easy! Like many companies we have had some struggles in our customer service department so Margaret tries to get involved to speed things up for the people on the forums. We value their feedback and enjoy bouncing ideas back and forth for new products and finding ways to improve our existing ones. We take the good and the bad. Unfortunately because of this level of participation it can also backfire on us. What is supposed to be a discussion on products and technology turns into a sounding board for individual problems and complaints. This is why you don't see other retailers on these forums and the reason we've considered pulling out ourselves on several occasions.

I'm sorry that we didn't get your problem fixed in less than 24 hours, but I can assure you nobody was "blowing you off". I also think you're being just a tad harsh. I'm sure Margaret will try and reach you again Monday morning since you were unavailable when she called. You're obviously not happy with your case so she will be glad to handle your refund.
    Global Posts
    441 Global Posts
    Well said Seidio. I hope you choose not to leave this forum. Your company has been most helpful to me resolving any issues and I have had no problems getting in touch with Margaret with ONE phonecall.

Thanks Seidio
    Ditto.

Stick around Seidio. No company is perfect 100% of the time.

It can be a tough crowd on TC and that is just with fellow members. You show great courage as a company. Forums do become a sounding board for the negative, but for every complaint there are many, many, many unspoken testimonials.

Hang in there.

Cheers, Perry.
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    "Yesterday, my phone and case crashed to the floor."

Did you snag the phone on something? BCA
    I interpet her actions this way:

Busy day.

She was trying to get back to you on the same day.

By calling 2 minutes before her leaving time -- she was willing to stay beyond such time to help you.

By telling you she was leaving at 4:30 -- she was telling you that it would probably be Monday before you 2 could make contact.

She gets a gold star from me.

Cheers, Perry.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio View Post
    I'm sorry that we didn't get your problem fixed in less than 24 hours,
    Oh the drama... I never once asked anyone to fix the problem in less than 24 hours. I called the company a total of 4 times, throughout the day, and every time but the last, I got voicemail (end to end... not just an IVR front-end like most companies use-- when I call the mom and pop store down the street, somebody answers... at most on the second try. Customer service is about customers, and answering the phone (especially the Customer Service department's phone is paramount).

As for all the additional drama about how you're trying to help, thanks. As I mentioned in my OP, I acknowledged you specifically as being the only one, in my experience, who has actually attempted to assist. Apparently that message was lost in the overall message. I will reiterate, I thank seidioseidio for his attempts to get me in touch with their customer service department.

And for all the "we love Seidio's products and service" contention, great. I'm glad you've had such positive experiences with the company. I have not. I wish I had... and then I'd have my pom poms in hand cheering right along side of you. Instead, I'm doing the same thing as you are, only about the negative experience I've had thus far. That's a fair thing to do, and that is, among other things, what this forum does... sharing experiences.

</back to the cheerfest>
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by BCA2812 View Post
    "Yesterday, my phone and case crashed to the floor."

Did you snag the phone on something? BCA
    No, but certainly a valid question.