Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    ok so i finally removed the screen thing with the tab and went to replace it with the screen protector palm provides in the box, they fricken suck! is there some better one out there? more solid maby?

i put this thing on and its cloudy and even though i didnt touch it on the stick side is covered in dust already >.<

SOMEONE HELP!!! >.<
    Visor Neo-->Visor Edge-->Visor Prism(with Visorphone)-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 180-->Copper Treo 680-->Treo 270-->Treo 800w
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Martin Fields. There's nothing better. it's like not using a screen protector at all.
    ^^ 2nd ediamond.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    i notice treocentral doesnt have those? where can i get them?
    Visor Neo-->Visor Edge-->Visor Prism(with Visorphone)-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 180-->Copper Treo 680-->Treo 270-->Treo 800w
    I ordered from absolutelyu.com which ships out of California.

Treo 680 Version
    http://www.absolutelyu.com/prod_Over...80_584_42.html

You can also order from the manufacturer at the link below
    http://overlayplus.com/US/dis_produc...reo%20750v/680
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    i've always used brando screen protectors on all my gadgets. cut perfectly for the treo (and many other devices), re-washable and re-usable, durable (i've used devices for years without needing to replace the screen protector). they have two versions - ultra clear (smooth, glass-like surface) or the regular which has as slight texture and is matte to cut down on glare (but does not impact screen clarity at all). you can find them here.
    Try BoxWave protectors. Nothing better. I use them on all of my portable electronics. They fit great and wear forever. They are a little spendy but are worth it. My wife is a solitaire addict on the iPag, and the screen on hers has lasted over 6 months with absolutely no wear. I get the three packs on Amazon for about $27.

Global Posts
    234 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jpizzaj View Post
    ok so i finally removed the screen thing with the tab and went to replace it with the screen protector palm provides in the box, they fricken suck! is there some better one out there? more solid maby?

i put this thing on and its cloudy and even though i didnt touch it on the stick side is covered in dust already >.<

SOMEONE HELP!!! >.<
    Trust me on this one. BestSkinsEver.
    www.boxwave.com

they are amazing. they have great customers service too!
    I've had the same Boxwave protector on my 650 for two years and it stills looks brand new...not a scratch on it. Since they come three to a pack, I now have one on my 680 too...
    I have not tried Martin Fields, so I cannot compare them to those recommendations (which I would trust BTW).

However, I have been very happy with my Boxwave Cyrstal Touch screen protectors . . . . one protector for two years on my 650 . . . . put a new one on my 700P . . . . . don't even know it is there.

http://www.boxwave.com/products/clea...stal/index.htm

Cheers, Perry.
    boxwave's arent good....mine are already peeling off after a few days.

This was placed on clean screen with brand new screen protector!
    Fred
    Cingular 680
    I've always applied Boxwave protectors while still a little damp after being rinsed in water with a drop of soap. The screen needs to be perfectly clean for the protector to stay. A clean optical cloth (or the one that comes with the protector), good lighting, and an air duster can make all the difference. My two year old 650 and an old iPaq still have these on with no scratches or blemishes.
    Quote Originally Posted by pokey View Post
    I've always applied Boxwave protectors while still a little damp after being rinsed in water with a drop of soap. The screen needs to be perfectly clean for the protector to stay. A clean optical cloth (or the one that comes with the protector), good lighting, and an air duster can make all the difference. My two year old 650 and an old iPaq still have these on with no scratches or blemishes.
    Sounds like an excellent tip pokey. Thanks.
    My protector that shipped with the 680 applied crystal clear and is holding up very well. I know it sounds like a strange question, but are you sure you applied it the right way up? If you applied it sticky side down (towards the screen) there is no reason that the protector should be covered in dust. Mine is also crystal clear.

(I wonder if the protector you were shipped had adhesive on _both_ sides by accident.)
    Or the OP did it in a dusty room, re-applied it multiple times, or didn't clean the screen well to start with.

I have some screensavers I've always used and never noticed how bad they were until I used the 680 naked for a few weeks before putting one on.. Ouch. Lots of interference patterns and such. I've ordered some Javoscreen ultra clear, I hope they work well.
    Global Posts
    459 Global Posts
    Another vote for Boxwave. I've always used the "frosted" one, never tried the clear one...hmm. Used it on my 180g/600/680, my Nikon digital camera, and send them to all my gadget friends. I always buy the 2 pack but never have to use the second one. The best part is that you can remove them, wash them off, and put them back on. And they don't leave any sort of sticky residue.
    a dirty mind is a terrible thing to waste
    Quote Originally Posted by randyg View Post
    Another vote for Boxwave. I've always used the "frosted" one, never tried the clear one...hmm. Used it on my 180g/600/680, my Nikon digital camera, and send them to all my gadget friends. I always buy the 2 pack but never have to use the second one. The best part is that you can remove them, wash them off, and put them back on. And they don't leave any sort of sticky residue.
    I started using the Boxwave anti-glare screen protector after someone here at TC recommended it and they've got my vote, as well!
    Quote Originally Posted by Christinac130 View Post
    I've had the same Boxwave protector on my 650 for two years and it stills looks brand new...not a scratch on it. Since they come three to a pack, I now have one on my 680 too...
    wanna send me the other one hehe
    I've used my Treo 650 heavily for 2 years and no noticeable scratches. In other words, if you hold the Treo at the proper angle with the screen turned off, you can see some minor scratches. With the screen on, it looks perfect.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.