1.    #1  
    Words cannot describe how bad the Seidio Spring Clip Holster for the Treo 680 is.

To be honest, I'm shocked. I threw away a few cases for my Treo 650 before I found the Seidio clip holster. That was a beautiful case which *NEVER* dropped my Treo, never scratched my Treo, and best of all I didn't have to use keylock because the buttons never hit while in the holster. If I bent over or sat down, the holster rotated smoothly to keep the Treo out of the way.

When my Treo 650 was stolen, I had to replace the Seidio 650 holster. The new one was just as good with one exception. Instead of a smooth rotation, it had a click-click-click rotation that didn't move as quickly, and caused my Treo to go skating across parking lots and data center floors on numerous occasions.

Well, it's even worse on the Treo 680. In fact, they've completely failed to capture *ANY* of the good things from their original Treo 650 clip holster.

1. The holster does rotate. With *VERY* stiff clicks. In short, it will never rotate without you chosing to force it by hand. So if you sit down or stand up, the Treo will either sit stiffly at your side or poke you in the ribs. And if it ends up being compressed, *pop* and your Treo goes skating across the floor.

I've had the holster for 3 hours now, and my Treo has gone skating 6 times already.

2. The old holsters held the Treo very securely on the sides. This holster's sides don't come far enough up the side of the Treo. If you push sideways on the Treo, it pops right out of the holster.

3. The top clip covers the Ring/Vibrate clip, so you are forced to remove the Treo from the holster to change it to silent mode.

4. Even though the holster holds the Treo 680 back from the cover, it still manages to press keys. I've had 3 unintentioned calls and 1 untintentioned e-mail in the 3 hours I've been using it.

What is perhaps so shocking is that Seidio's first clip holster for the Treo 650 was brilliant. The new holster for the 680 fails to capture a single one of the good things about that original holster.
    I guess everyone prefers something different. I prefer the "click-click" rotation. I like to put it in the horizontal position and leave it that way and not have it move on its own.
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    I gave up on holsters. it is much safer in my pocket
    Is the 680 still operating normally? 6 times is a LOT!!!
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by ediamond View Post
    I gave up on holsters. it is much safer in my pocket
    same here....when i had a nokia in holster i nearly lost it in public transport several times getting up! Holsters all become loose after time....safer in my pocket where I can fell it!
    Quote Originally Posted by jrhett View Post
    Words cannot describe how bad the Seidio Spring Clip Holster for the Treo 680 is.

To be honest, I'm shocked. I threw away a few cases for my Treo 650 before I found the Seidio clip holster. That was a beautiful case which *NEVER* dropped my Treo, never scratched my Treo, and best of all I didn't have to use keylock because the buttons never hit while in the holster. If I bent over or sat down, the holster rotated smoothly to keep the Treo out of the way.

When my Treo 650 was stolen, I had to replace the Seidio 650 holster. The new one was just as good with one exception. Instead of a smooth rotation, it had a click-click-click rotation that didn't move as quickly, and caused my Treo to go skating across parking lots and data center floors on numerous occasions.

Well, it's even worse on the Treo 680. In fact, they've completely failed to capture *ANY* of the good things from their original Treo 650 clip holster.

1. The holster does rotate. With *VERY* stiff clicks. In short, it will never rotate without you chosing to force it by hand. So if you sit down or stand up, the Treo will either sit stiffly at your side or poke you in the ribs. And if it ends up being compressed, *pop* and your Treo goes skating across the floor.

I've had the holster for 3 hours now, and my Treo has gone skating 6 times already.

2. The old holsters held the Treo very securely on the sides. This holster's sides don't come far enough up the side of the Treo. If you push sideways on the Treo, it pops right out of the holster.

3. The top clip covers the Ring/Vibrate clip, so you are forced to remove the Treo from the holster to change it to silent mode.

4. Even though the holster holds the Treo 680 back from the cover, it still manages to press keys. I've had 3 unintentioned calls and 1 untintentioned e-mail in the 3 hours I've been using it.

What is perhaps so shocking is that Seidio's first clip holster for the Treo 650 was brilliant. The new holster for the 680 fails to capture a single one of the good things about that original holster.
    We're sorry that you're not happy with your holster. The design really isn't that much different than the 650 version you had. Our new holsters are even more popular and are being praised by our customers even on this forum.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ghlight=seidio

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ht=680+holster

The swivel clip is designed not to swing back and forth as most of our customers prefer to wear it in either the horizontal or vertical position. It sounds like you may be happier with a free swinging holster but I don't know of anyone that makes one.

We try and make every effort to make our customers happy. Please call Margaret at 832-204-1118 on Monday and she can get you a refund. Hopefully you can find the product that's right for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio View Post
    Please call Margaret at 832-204-1118 on Monday and she can get you a refund. Hopefully you can find the product that's right for you.
    Kudos to Seidio for their customer service efforts. I also had a Seidio holster for my T650 that I used often, but after reading a couple of reviews I felt the new one wasn't right for me with the 680. I'm too fearful of its fit with the 680. Seidio is a good company with normally exceptional products and hopefully they may make some changes to this so that more people will be more pleased.
    I agree. Their attitude toward customer service is great! They will get my business in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by v3treonut View Post
    Kudos to Seidio for their customer service efforts. I also had a Seidio holster for my T650 that I used often, but after reading a couple of reviews I felt the new one wasn't right for me with the 680. I'm too fearful of its fit with the 680. Seidio is a good company with normally exceptional products and hopefully they may make some changes to this so that more people will be more pleased.
    Quote Originally Posted by v3treonut View Post
    ...hopefully they may make some changes to this so that more people will be more pleased.
    That may be tough considering the feedback we're getting. While no company can please everyone the feedback we're getting on this holster is excellent. It may not work for a few, but the masses are telling us it's great!