Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    i heard about wifi on Treo 650... but the posts on this site was from 2004...

is there anything new about this topic?
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    Not really. The only solution that even "sort of" works is the Enfora "sled".
    And there's no 680 wi-fi either, right?

For me, it's the killer app. Without it, no reason to upgrade.
    If it doesn't have a slot for SDHC--I don't want it. Period.
    "dmitrygr" is working on it. Who knows?... it could happen.

http://www.palmpowerups.com/modules....iewtopic&t=360
    The Enfora sled works with both the 650 and the 680 with the right drivers.
    (PowerPlay Vs) >> palmOne Zire 31 >>
    (palm Tungsten T3)/(palmOne Zire 72s) >> (palm Black Tie Trēo 650 Custom)/
    (palmOne LifeDrive Custom [SanDisk Ultra II CF])/(palm m515)/(palm T|X)
    handspring Visor Deluxe/Tapwave Zodiac 2/palm Trēo 680 Copper Orange

Canuck PDA
  6.    #6  
    enfora sled? thats too freaking big :P

what happend with that driver that shadowmite made for the wifi sdcard?
    Quote Originally Posted by +Kardboard+ View Post
    The Enfora sled works with both the 650 and the 680 with the right drivers.

Hate to be a kill joy but “the sled” as far as I know is just a 600 & 650 thing & is just too big for the 680 to fit snug. As for the Wi-Fi drivers they only work on older versions of the 650's ROM. Its been reported to work with the singular ROM 1.15 and an old sprint ROM but am not sure witch one. However if you look at the date when the hack came out that will give you an indication as to witch one.
    Quote Originally Posted by AlanJoseph View Post
    enfora sled? thats too freaking big :P

what happend with that driver that shadowmite made for the wifi sdcard?

palm made him pull it off his site.
  9.    #9  
    where i get a rom 1.15 and how i know which one i have?

and whats the difference between the older and newer rom?

thanks

i have the Treo 650 cingular UNLOCKED... using Orange, not cingular
    Last edited by AlanJoseph; 01/20/2007 at 08:52 AM.
    where i get a rom 1.15 and how i know which one i have?

and whats the difference between the older and newer rom?

thanks

i have the Treo 650 cingular UNLOCKED... using Orange, not cingular
    While I am not sure of exactly why, I do know that the fast mode blazer from the 700 does not work with the older Rom so I'm guessing it probably has something to do with that. Similarly I suspect it’s the same reason why we can't get blazer 4.5 to work and I don’t expect to see a chance of that happening. It probably has something to do with the fact that one of the files in the Treo’s ram cannot be deleted. It’s this file that distributes memory & possibly there is another for the network library. If we are going to hack this we must learn how to send calls to the system to change their states. Example; we know that B4 we used the Wi-Fi driver the network library is in its correct state but after the drivers installed it takes over the network so the answer is in the Wi-Fi driver itself. Something in that driver makes a call to change this state but fails to make the call to return it back. Once we track that call down we should be able to make a file that loads and unloads this state however it's my guess that it will require a soft reset to be able to use Wi-Fi in a practical sense.
    Last edited by Bronxboy; 01/20/2007 at 04:56 PM.
  11.    #11  
    huh? :P now in english...
    huh? :P now in english...

i used spell check and it screwed it up. all fixed now
  13.    #13  
    well... i have a treo 650 cingular unlocked and a wi-fi card... is it possible to make it work or not?
    [QUOTE=AlanJoseph;1178745]well... i have a treo 650 cingular unlocked and a wi-fi card... is it possible to make it work or not?[/QUOTEi

People say it does But theirs also a catch. You will need to change your Rom to 1.15 and install Shadowmite’s driver. the catch is It will take over your network library And you won't be able to use Bluetooth or connect to the Internet via EDGE After it’s installed. The only solution to get back to normal is to do a hard reset in order to uninstall the driver’s witch puts everything back the way it was.

Id like to work with you to see if we can get it working. I have a few tricks id like to throw at it.
  15.    #15  
    well.. first i need to know few things, like

- how do i know which rom version i have?
    - where i get the 1.15 version?
    - which precautions i have to take? like backups or whatever...
    well.. first i need to know few things, like

- how do i know which rom version i have?
    - where i get the 1.15 version?
    - which precautions i have to take? like backups or whatever...

- how do i know which rom version i have? A: go to the phone app, Options - Phone Info. it's to the right of software.

- where i get the 1.15 version? A: maybe i have the version you need. let me know what rom version you have first.

- which precautions i have to take? like backups or whatever? A: ill cover this with you after we get past the first step. you have nothing to worry about. your phone will be fine as long as we back it up 1st. as a matter of fact it will be better than it was.
    Last edited by Bronxboy; 01/20/2007 at 09:59 PM.
  17.    #17  
    i see the list of softwares with the version at the right... which one is the *rom*?
    As a reassuring aside, with a backup (for extra safety) and the Grack ROM tool, there is little harm you can really do to your device.

It has become trivial to quite safely modify the Treo 650 ROM.
    i see the list of softwares with the version at the right... which one is the *rom*?

It’s the second to last one. Example: my current ROM is 1b.17 on both my phones and read as follows

Phone #1 reads as
    Software: Treo650-1b.17-CNG

Phone #2 reads as
    Software: Treo650-1b.17-CNB

Notice the CNG & CNB? This is also important so i will need to know this as well.
  20.    #20  
    only thing it says about treo is: TreoSMS Stub v. 1.0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast