1.    #1  
    i turned off all the reminders on birthdays yet my phone still goes into the "wont turn off no matter what mode" each morning... so then i reset it... and all is well... until the next morning...

help?
    This might be the old Birthday Palm issue - if you have a Birthday in early January with a reminder set in Dec of the previous year - this is a Palm issue you need to change the reminder to sometime in the same year.

It's not a fault of DB6 but the Palm OS.....CE mentioned this in his release notes.
    Moose Man
    Welcome my son, welcome to the machine.
    iPhone 3G, Treo 750, 680, 650, 600 and T5, T3, T, M515, M505, Vx, V, Prizm, Visor, IIIc, IIIe, Palm Pilot Professional, Palm Pilot (ok boys and girls a whopping 128k of memory - those were the days) and former Palm Beta tester.
  3.    #3  
    i turned all bday reminders off completely...
    Try something that I've noticed on my 680 - which doesn't use DB6.....be certain that the "contacts" application is not the one left on when shutting down for the evening. If I leave contacts - the next morning mine will pop on. If I set it to home or something else - doesn't happen.

It's an annoyance that I haven't yet reported to Palm support.....
    Moose Man
    Welcome my son, welcome to the machine.
    iPhone 3G, Treo 750, 680, 650, 600 and T5, T3, T, M515, M505, Vx, V, Prizm, Visor, IIIc, IIIe, Palm Pilot Professional, Palm Pilot (ok boys and girls a whopping 128k of memory - those were the days) and former Palm Beta tester.