Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Hi,

I love the 5 minute NPR hourly news updates. Is there a URL for it that pocket tunes can play?

This is not streaming a local NPR station, as then you have to wait for the hour for them to play it. I want to push play and have it work.

Thanks for your help!
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Thanks for the link. It's not working for me. Reconnecting... Reconnecting... Reconnecting... and never plays.

Pocket tunes v4.0.1 btw.
    Bummer. Thats the url Kinoma4EX is connecting to. . . .

On a PC, if you click on that link Media Player pops up and starts streaming it.

I will try that link in my Treo browser. . . .

That url keyed into Blazer on my 700P initiated Kinoma4EX and played the broadcast. . . .

I wonder what would happen on a Treo 700P with only the embedded Kinoma Player. . . . ?
    Last edited by gtwo; 01/19/2007 at 11:35 AM.
    Help the dummy here, I have Pocket tunes 4.0.1 and have not used it yet. . . . . give me the menu path to key in a URL. . . .

Figured it out . . . ya . . .just get the reconnecting thing. . . .

Did you try Blazer?
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Well, also not working, but I found this URL for downloading the mp3 file. Looks like ptunes doesn't do that either.

http://podcastdownload.npr.org/anon....19968.mp3?dl=1
    Quote Originally Posted by feivel View Post
    Well, also not working, but I found this URL for downloading the mp3 file. Looks like ptunes doesn't do that either.

http://podcastdownload.npr.org/anon....19968.mp3?dl=1

This link worked for me .. . . .

I went to TreoCentral in Blazer on my Treo 700P, navigated to this thread, selected this link, a pop-up asked me if I wanted to play or save, I selected play, a PocketTunes popup came on screen and the 5 minute broadcast started to play. . . . .
    THE web site for NPR lovers:

http://www.publicradiofan.com/
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    "The file you are trying to download is too big. The maximum file size that you can downlaod is 2MB."

Treo 650.

Wait wait...I typed it into ptunes, and...buffering...retrying...retrying..."Thank you for downloading this five minute new summary!" Kinda freaked out my secretary. Surprised me too. Oops.

Well, I guess that means the link above is good for anyone who wants their news NOW.
    Last edited by feivel; 01/19/2007 at 03:27 PM.
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Actually let me amend that. The link above is for people who want YESTERDAY's news now. It doesn't refresh. Any ideas how to modify the link so it gets refreshed with the current version?