1.    #1  
    Hi,

I did a hot synch this morning to update my contacts, and when it was done, i noticed that a bunch of emails were reloaded into my versamail. I went to delete them, but the only problem is that everytime I open versa mail and try to open an email, my 650 resets. I deleted the emails from my server and did another hot synch, and now there is only 1 email in versa mail. However, the 650 still resets every time i try to open the email in versa mail. Can someone please help?????

Bob
    One of the many reasons Versmail is not the mailer of choice. I am sure someone will tell you that you need to delete the file containing the mail and that will take care of it - that file suffers the corruption disease. Try one of the other mailers, Snappermail, ChatterEmail, Agendus - I have licenses for Snappermail and ChatterEmail and use ChatterEmail exclusively.
    Ben
  3.    #3  
    Hey thanks for responding. I am not that tech savy, so could you please tel me how to "delete the file that contains the mail?" I hope I can do it outside of versamail, because once i open versa mail, it resets within five seconds. I cant even open a message to delete it.

Also could you tell me more about snappermail and chattermail? Where can i get these? how much do they cost? what makes them better than versamail? up until now, i havent had any problems with versamail.

Thanks!

Bob
  4.    #4  
    Hi,

I dont want to be a pain, but I am just trying to keep this thread alive so I can get my email back up and running. Could someone please tell me how to delete the corrupted file that contains my mail as bclinger described above. I would really appreciate it. Would a hard reset help?

Bob
    Quote Originally Posted by bob7582 View Post
    Hi,

I did a hot synch this morning to update my contacts, and when it was done, i noticed that a bunch of emails were reloaded into my versamail. I went to delete them, but the only problem is that everytime I open versa mail and try to open an email, my 650 resets. I deleted the emails from my server and did another hot synch, and now there is only 1 email in versa mail. However, the 650 still resets every time i try to open the email in versa mail. Can someone please help?????
    http://kb.palm.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBC...tem,CASE=36541
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    All I know is ever since I took versa mail off my Treo it stopped crashing
  7.    #7  
    Hey Aprasad,

Thanks, that seemed to do the trick!

Bob
  8.    #8  
    Actually I did a hot synch, and it put everything back. How do I prevent this from happenning so that dont have to keep doing this over and over?