1.    #1  
    i have searched the Agendus forum site and found an old tread dated 2003 that spoke of the fact Agendus will not see personal rings tones that have been created. i can see them and play with the regular calendar but the reminder sucks which is the reason i was interested in Agendus. i have only tried MP3 files, should this matter or should i be using some other format for the sound file?
    So you're claiming you can use MP3 ringtones in your phone anywhere? I say you are confused.

Without a ring tone manager such as Lightwave, Ringo, mRing, etc, you can not use mp3 files as ringtones. There are ways to convert mp3's to ring tones, such as AMR files (such as I suspect MiniTones does), etc.

Looking at Agendus, I see midi-converted ringtones, but NOT those converted as TON-* files by recording a ringtone or conversion by MiniTones, so there is some truth to this.
    Quote Originally Posted by quadjacks View Post
    i have searched the Agendus forum site and found an old tread dated 2003 that spoke of the fact Agendus will not see personal rings tones that have been created. i can see them and play with the regular calendar but the reminder sucks which is the reason i was interested in Agendus. i have only tried MP3 files, should this matter or should i be using some other format for the sound file?
    Agendus does not recognized "different database" tones - it only pulls the sounds from the system sounds and not the separate midi ring tones file.

This is primarily due to the different platforms out there that Agendus tries to remain compatible with such as Sony's and non-radio Palms.

There has been discussion of an Agendus Treo Only version to allow for some more expansion of the device's abilities but that's only discussion.
    Moose Man
    Welcome my son, welcome to the machine.
    iPhone 3G, Treo 750, 680, 650, 600 and T5, T3, T, M515, M505, Vx, V, Prizm, Visor, IIIc, IIIe, Palm Pilot Professional, Palm Pilot (ok boys and girls a whopping 128k of memory - those were the days) and former Palm Beta tester.
  4.    #4  
    i am very sorry, i mispoke, please forgive me. i used Minitones to convert. but still cant see them. no use huh?
    I use Minitones & Agendus, no problem.

Minitones does not appear to convert MP3s to AMR (like Nokia's converter), but rather into some sort of PDB that Palm recognizes. (I don't suspect the converted files are AMRs because they are much larger than AMRs, don't take the TON-* file-name format, and their quality is excellent, unlike AMRs).

From any contact (within Agendus):

edit --> details --> Ringtone

my converted minitones are all there. And they work great.

EDIT - In fact, I just checked, and I can see all AMRs, too. N.B., I'm speaking only to ringtones, here. Agendus "alarms" still use its built-in MIDI garbage database.
    Last edited by CheckPt.Charlie; 01/20/2007 at 04:51 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by CheckPt.Charlie View Post
    EDIT - In fact, I just checked, and I can see all AMRs, too. N.B., I'm speaking only to ringtones, here. Agendus "alarms" still use its built-in MIDI garbage database.
    CPC is correct - Agendus only looks at the Alarms systems database but ringtones if enabled on your device (Treo 600 only) - Agendus should use them.
    Moose Man
    iPhone 3G, Treo 750, 680, 650, 600 and T5, T3, T, M515, M505, Vx, V, Prizm, Visor, IIIc, IIIe, Palm Pilot Professional, Palm Pilot (ok boys and girls a whopping 128k of memory - those were the days) and former Palm Beta tester.
    I use Minitones & Agendus, no problem.

Minitones does not appear to convert MP3s to AMR (like Nokia's converter), but rather into some sort of PDB that Palm recognizes. (I don't suspect the converted files are AMRs because they are much larger than AMRs, don't take the TON-* file-name format, and their quality is excellent, unlike AMRs).

From any contact (within Agendus):

edit --> details --> Ringtone

my converted minitones are all there. And they work great.

That's fine and dandy; but not what the OP wanted. Alarm sounds, not contact ringtones.
    Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus View Post
    That's fine and dandy; but not what the OP wanted. Alarm sounds, not contact ringtones.
    In which case, most of your post on ringtones was both unresponsive and unhelpful, even if it did debunk OP's misstatement that he was able to see MP3s anywhere. It was also ambiguous, since you failed to describe where you were "Looking at Agendus." Also, that paragraph followed your diatribe on ringtones, introducing further ambiguity.

In any event, I clearly distinguished between ringtones v. alarms in my response, and did so for the reason that the term "ringtones" is rather ambiguous...

As an aside, I don't understand you, khaytsus. You are beyond doubt one of the most knowledgeable users, here. But you've got an awful attitude problem. I'm sure I speak for others when I suggest having a less cantankerous disposition would be welcome.
    Last edited by CheckPt.Charlie; 01/21/2007 at 01:36 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by RSGMOOSE View Post
    CPC is correct - Agendus only looks at the Alarms systems database but ringtones if enabled on your device (Treo 600 only) - Agendus should use them.
    I think Agendus might actually use its own MIDI database, and not Palm's. (I suspect this is the case, because though I've not investigated this in awhile, I remember having seen different ringtones in Agendus than Palm's MIDI DB, or ringtones of the same name that sounded different, at least on my 650). I've *****ed about this on their forums, because it's a waste of RAM. I think another post might above might have spoken to this, noting that Agendus might do this to keep their software compatible across different devices.
    I think Agendus might actually use its own MIDI database, and not Palm's. (I suspect this is the case, because though I've not investigated this in awhile, I remember having seen different ringtones in Agendus than Palm's MIDI DB, or ringtones of the same name that sounded different, at least on my 650). I've *****ed about this on their forums, because it's a waste of RAM. I think another post might above might have spoken to this, noting that Agendus might do this to keep their software compatible across different devices.
    With the advent of the 650 - there are two databases - one for alarms and one for ringtones. The 600 used a single database for both and that's why it's the only one supported for ringtone selection plus the contact application could be handed off to another app whereas the 650+ the incoming ringers are totally handled by the Contacts app.

I'm actually an Iambic Forum Team Member and so have a little more knowledge on the working side of the program. Agendus uses the native System Midi Sounds database while most of the ringtones are stored in the MIDI Ring Tones database - they are separate. Agendus does not install any alarms as part of its program.

And I agree with you on the 650 - that some of the alarms sounded different. I believe this might be caused by a duplication of the alarm sounds between these two databases on the 650. I haven't seen this issue on the 680.
    Moose Man
    In which case, most of your post on ringtones was both unresponsive and unhelpful, even if it did debunk OP's misstatement that he was able to see MP3s anywhere. It was also ambiguous, since you failed to describe where you were "Looking at Agendus." Also, that paragraph followed your diatribe on ringtones, introducing further ambiguity.

In any event, I clearly distinguished between ringtones v. alarms in my response, and did so for the reason that the term "ringtones" is rather ambiguous...

As an aside, I don't understand you, khaytsus. You are beyond doubt one of the most knowledgeable users, here. But you've got an awful attitude problem. I'm sure I speak for others when I suggest having a less cantankerous disposition would be welcome.
    Not sure if that was a compliment or an insult.

Anywho, the point was that looking at the sound database from the Prefs, Midi, built-in sounds, and stuff from MiniTones all show up there for any type of sound. Phone, SMS, etc. However, Agendus only shows a limited amount of those. Perhaps the sound prefs are combining multiple databases.

And I think my response was after your edit. Prior to the edit, your post was entirely about ringtones and the Contacts within Agendus, not the sound database and Calendar sounds within Agendus.