Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    I am having issues when trying to switch over from palm desktop to outlook. If anyone knows how to help please, please do so. I have been using my palms (tungstens and treos) for 3 years now. I am potentially swithcing cell carriers and thus having to get a windows mobile device. Because of this I want to get all of my info into outlook. Supplsedly I should be able to sync my treo 650 with outlook. I put in the oem cd and change my conduits (change cync method to outlook). I then do a hotsync, open outlook but nothing is there. Now I will say this. I am not familiar with outlook in the slightest, this is I think wher emy issues are. Can anyone help? I am not familiar with usernames, profiles, whatever they are called in outlook or windows mail (control panel). Can anyone help me out please? Thanks in advance!
    Try using Chapura's pocket mirror. It is a commercial program that works very well. In addition they have great FREE technical support.
    I believe that the sync with outlook that shipped with your Treo is from Chapura. You have to set up Outlook before you change your sync method. Setting up Outlook is pretty straightforward just start it and follow the wizard. The Chapura software will auto-magically match itself up with your default profile. If you choose Handheld overwrite outlook for your first sync then all of the contacts, tasks, calendar and notes will be imported into Outlook. be sure to check that everything is in both platforms after that first sync, if it is then you're home free.
    Palm I >Palm IIIi>Palm 505> Zire 71>PEG37>T|X>TREO 700P That's a lot of palming!!
    Quote Originally Posted by maninrochester View Post
    I believe that the sync with outlook that shipped with your Treo is from Chapura. You have to set up Outlook before you change your sync method. Setting up Outlook is pretty straightforward just start it and follow the wizard. The Chapura software will auto-magically match itself up with your default profile. If you choose Handheld overwrite outlook for your first sync then all of the contacts, tasks, calendar and notes will be imported into Outlook. be sure to check that everything is in both platforms after that first sync, if it is then you're home free.
    Nope - Palm stopped using Chapura for it's conduit control with the intro of the T3 for handhelds and the 650 because of the enhanced PIM's. That clarified.

Outlook Profiles: Per the attached screen shots go to Control Panel then mail then click on the Profiles. You'll need to select one if you have more than one and be certain during the hot sync setup that you choose the same profile.

Since you aren't familiar with profiles - unless someone else is using Outlook on your PC - delete all other profiles except one. Then reinstall the conduit manager from the Palm CD and it should successfully find the one and only profile.

EDIT: I would recommend that you get Pocket Mirror XT from Chapura. Be certain to get the XT version either Standard or Professional as it's the one that will work with the 650 properly. By doing so you will save yourself a lot of error messages down the road because the supplied conduits from Palm are POS.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Moose Man
    Welcome my son, welcome to the machine.
    iPhone 3G, Treo 750, 680, 650, 600 and T5, T3, T, M515, M505, Vx, V, Prizm, Visor, IIIc, IIIe, Palm Pilot Professional, Palm Pilot (ok boys and girls a whopping 128k of memory - those were the days) and former Palm Beta tester.