Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Earlier this week I ordered a Seidio 2400mAh extended life battery for my Treo 650 (I ordered it from TreoCentral's store). Yesterday it arrived, and at about 3:15 pm I put it in my Palm cradle to charge. It has now been charging for 16 hours, and the charge indicator light on the Palm cradle is still red (I have not charged my phone in the cradle since I started charging the lone battery, as I didn't want to interrupt the first time charge of the new battery). How long does it usually take to charge this battery when it's brand new (first time charge)? I guess I'm used to my standard Palm batteries charging rather quickly, and this one is taking quite a long time. I'm planning on leaving it in the cradle until the indicator light turns green, but I was wondering what to expect as far as a time frame for that.

Also, after the first charge, do subsequent charges take less time? I would certainly hope so.

Thanks,
    Kimber
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimber View Post
    Earlier this week I ordered a Seidio 2400mAh extended life battery for my Treo 650 (I ordered it from TreoCentral's store). Yesterday it arrived, and at about 3:15 pm I put it in my Palm cradle to charge. It has now been charging for 16 hours, and the charge indicator light on the Palm cradle is still red (I have not charged my phone in the cradle since I started charging the lone battery, as I didn't want to interrupt the first time charge of the new battery). How long does it usually take to charge this battery when it's brand new (first time charge)? I guess I'm used to my standard Palm batteries charging rather quickly, and this one is taking quite a long time. I'm planning on leaving it in the cradle until the indicator light turns green, but I was wondering what to expect as far as a time frame for that.

Also, after the first charge, do subsequent charges take less time? I would certainly hope so.

Thanks,
    Kimber
    We recommend 8 hours the first time, but the battery will usually fully charge in less than that. I would try taking your phone off the charger, resetting it, and plugging it back in. You should get a green light pretty quick. After a few charges the battery will charge faster and will also last longer between charges.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio View Post
    We recommend 8 hours the first time, but the battery will usually fully charge in less than that. I would try taking your phone off the charger, resetting it, and plugging it back in. You should get a green light pretty quick. After a few charges the battery will charge faster and will also last longer between charges.

Thanks
    Consistent with my experience. I keep my original Treo battery charged as b/u but rarely use it.

My high use scenario is when I go into NYC, w/o my PC, on the 70 minute train trip. My 650 will be in almost constant use all day. Seidio battery rarely goes below 40%. In more normal use the battery recharges in about half an hour on the sync/charge cable from the PC.