Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I have to say, I'm sick of the way we 700p users have been treated by palm. I want to see how many of us users are actually near the sunnyvale area near Palm's corporate headquarters. If we could get a good number of us to go and stand in the Palm lobby until we get paid attention to, maybe we could actually get results or some sort of decent communication, not a vague letter as to what palm will and will not fix on the 700p. What do you all think?

I can't believe the 680 has already gotten a patch, but we've heard nothing about fixing any of the more major bugs on the 700p beyond: "well the lag may not be able to be fixed" or "we're working on it". Who else in the bay area is sick of this?

Location of Palm HQ:
    http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=e...8&om=1&iwloc=A
    I live in South San Jose. I am more than happy to bring myself and a huge group of friends (like 20+ people) to go protest [=
    I live in the Bay Area as well.
    Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
    Give palm my regards.... here's an old two by four... you know what to do.
    I gotta have more cowbell
    I work about 3 miles from there. Just let me know when - I'll be there. I'm mad as hell, and I'm not going to take it anymore!

Mike
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    Rxman! Give them the finger for me next time you drive by. Thanks!
    If I could know then, what I know now.
    Be sure to post photos of the protest march.
    "Excuse me sir, are you protesting for world peace?"
    "No"
    "Animal abuse?"
    "No"
    "Spousal abuse, rape, crime, injustice?"
    "No"
    "Less taxes? More taxes?"
    "No"
    "Racism, sexism, homophobism, all unjust crimes?"
    "No"
    "Well I give up then, what do you want?"
    "A faster cell phone."
    "Oh."
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by KRamsauer View Post
    "Excuse me sir, are you protesting for world peace?"
    "No"
    "Animal abuse?"
    "No"
    "Spousal abuse, rape, crime, injustice?"
    "No"
    "Less taxes? More taxes?"
    "No"
    "Racism, sexism, homophobism, all unjust crimes?"
    "No"
    "Well I give up then, what do you want?"
    "A faster cell phone."
    "Oh."
    Heh....actually, we're protesting because we want the product we paid for. The product that was promised to us for our money almost 8 months ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by e2chris View Post
    Rxman! Give them the finger for me next time you drive by. Thanks!
    Finger given! (but still no ROM update...)
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlyn_3D View Post
    Heh....actually, we're protesting because we want the product we paid for. The product that was promised to us for our money almost 8 months ago.
    I know. If there are huge problems with a product, the company should fix it (not sure I know what the huge problems are -- i like my 700p, but that's beside the point). However, the idea of an organized march seems funny to me. :-)
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RxMan` View Post
    Finger given! (but still no ROM update...)
    Those bastards! I didn't want to do this... plan B calls for a trip to the grocery store and buy a package of eggs. Let me know when this is done. hehe
    Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
    An organized march might be funny to them, but an organized boycott wouldn't.

If they released another incremental product which little to no one bought, THAT would sit them up straight in their chairs!

Their next product would HAVE to be the real deal, or they would be finished, and they'd know it.
    I gotta have more cowbell
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    Palms next release will be a 500, 550, 580, or maybe 690

500 will have bigger antenna and no sd slot

550 will have big antenna with sd slot

580 will have big antenna with sd slot and multi colors

690 will be a 680 with WM5
    I live in the central Valley, but if you guys do this on a weekend I could probably convince my wife to go around the area to do some other stuff afterwards. Let me know when and at what time you guys have this in mind.

Al
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    I'd be willing to come down to the Bay for this event. We would be like the the Verizon commercial although not quite as smiley and friendly!! I would have to think that if 100/200 of us were to storm the lobby of Palm's HQ, we would all likely get arrested, but we would definitely get our point across.

I'm actually not that angry with the 700P as it generally performs the way I need it to. However, there are some things that I would like to see fixed and I would definitely like to see a firmware update for the 700P crowd.

Organization is the key. We need to select a date where we could all assemble at their offices. Even if we all just 'peacefully' (e.g. no eggs!) assembled in their parking lot for the day and also called/invited the local media to attend (as well as National news like CNN) I think we would make a pretty solid statement. And the media, the whores that they are, would work this story for us until it was solved. (God love 'em!)

SMEGGIE
    If you want to do that, might I suggest not using the TC forums to organize it? Seems like they would find out.
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    No problem, man.

I wasn't 'organizing' per se, just planting seeds of wisdom.

However, you'd think if they were actually reading these forums, we'd already have some iteration of a fix by now, don'tcha think?

SMEGGIE
    Quote Originally Posted by SMEGGIE View Post
    No problem, man.

I wasn't 'organizing' per se, just planting seeds of wisdom.

However, you'd think if they were actually reading these forums, we'd already have some iteration of a fix by now, don'tcha think?

SMEGGIE
    If Palm people are lurking here (odds are they are) then you have to add on a few more ifs:

IF Palm people are reading these forums and IF the Palm people who are reading are willing to put their egos in their pockets and listen to their customers and IF they then actually hear us and IF they then decide to take action and IF the person deciding to take action really has the authority to make something occur inside Palm and IF they have the money to make that happen and IF the carriers sign off on this change and IF Palm people execute the desired plan properly . . .

. . . then and only then does Smeggie get the phone he deserves.

Good luck with that.
    Wouldn't it be true that...

(cost of round-trip fuel) + (value of your time) >> (loss you've already suffered) ?

Sorry, I guess I'm just hopelessly pragmatic.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast