Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Not having the camera running in the background makes a huge difference.

This is a whole new Treo 680. The extra DB cache is finaly kicking in. Also, It finaly seems I will be getting 300 hours standby time. In the past 3 hours I only lost 0.33%/hour as opposed to ~2%/hour prior to the patch.

Now, this is what I am talking about.

Kudos to Palm!!!
    I just loaded the patch, too.

Whoever figured the problem out deserves a nice big steak and some curly fries.
    It seems to me it was somebody on these boards.
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    I reported it first here, but the first guy to discover it was a guy on one of the German boards. But I'll split the curly fries with him.

Thanks, Palm for rushing the fix out as quickly as you did. Keep this kind of responsiveness up and come June the iPhone can kiss my a**.
    I DESPISE the iPhone, and I'm a Mac guy.
    Today, I finally achieved 72 hours battery life. Let's see if I can get it over 100 hours after this patch.
    During the night I lost only 3% (in around 7 hours), with the phone ON.
    I usually lost three times that amount without the patch.
    Let's see how this performs on the long run. :-)
    PalmAttitude.org
    your n1 french-speaking Palm resource on the web !
    using the Zlaucher File manager I see two CameraLib-camL 's However one does say v. 3.1 so I guess I am ok.
    Quote Originally Posted by kryichek View Post
    using the Zlaucher File manager I see two CameraLib-camL 's However one does say v. 3.1 so I guess I am ok.
    I personally turn off the viewing of ROM files in the ZLauncher file manager, no point in seeing them IMO.

One exception; I forgot I had AMRDecLib in ram, so I looked at the list with all listed and found sure enough, I have that in ROM and Ram. In this type of case, I would delete the one in ram.

For the camera, of course you wouldn't want to delete the 'duplicate' as the one in ram is the new version. I suspect a firmware upgrade down the line will put this updated file in ROM. Although with the amount of ram in the 680 it would not surprise me if Palm went to using ram-based updates as they are much safer than flashing the ROM.
    how do you turn camera off?
    Fred
    Cingular 680
    Quote Originally Posted by fkjr2 View Post
    how do you turn camera off?
    Is it simply a preference? Does it require the patch?
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    After you apply the patch the camera is not longer running in the background.

It is ON when you access the camera application, and OFF when you exit the camera application.
    Global Posts
    150 Global Posts
    It cracks me up that people are saying things like "Thanks, Palm!" and "Kudos to Palm!" about this. When's the last time anyone thanked a car manufacturer for eliminating the my-new-car-runs-on-every-third-day problem after two months of ownership?!
    Brian
    Quote Originally Posted by kryichek View Post
    At least you see that. I'm running the v5.42 (build 061128) release and it shows now version for the file at all. I had to exit to Plam launcher to verify the file version, which is correct.
    this is more like getting a free overhead done. which improves timing. hp. and mpg.
    Quote Originally Posted by mattlaughs View Post
    this is more like getting a free overhead done. which improves timing. hp. and mpg.
    When my mechanic orders parts, he may qualify the order by saying the vehicle is off the road while awaiting the part. I cannot take the 680 on the road.
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    I did say thanks when my dealer fixed some minor issues with my new car.

I think a good company is not only one that produces flawless products, but also one that responds promptly to product issues.

I can live with a product with a software bug when it is fixed promptly. Abandoning products at their own luck is unacceptable.

In today's global economy, customer support and quality is becoming a rare luxury. I will always encourage it when I can.

To the person(s) who probably stayed late writing this patch. Thanks again and keep up the good work. It is very appreciated.
    Last edited by jfme; 01/19/2007 at 02:06 PM.
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    So, do those of you who have installed this patch think it makes the 680 a better device than the 650 finally? I liked the 680 back in December but it was the battery that made me sell it. I am using an HTC TyTN right now with all of its push email options but the 680 really felt good as well...once I add better email options and a better browser then I could be happy with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by jfme View Post
    In today's global economy, customer support and quality is becoming a rare luxury. I will always encourage it when I can.

To the person(s) who probably stayed late writing this patch. Thanks again and keep up the good work. It is very appreciated.
    While we are giving out kudos, I would like to recognize the people who developed the procedures and documentation for installing the patch.
    Let's not forget all the whiners here and elsewhere without whose b*i*t*ch**ing it would almost never have happened. In fact, since they're the only ones who actually did it for free, let's just thank them. They're the only ones who deserve the gratitude.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast