Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Jimmie Geddes
    it could just be me or ............... is it charging faster ?

the iphone looks so nice because its compared to an ipod. sexy design? to what persuasion?

I think the most telling thing is what happens if you drop the iphone. what's gonna happen to the screen if you drop it once? and what the hell did steve jobs mean by this?

"the iphone can sense when it has been dropped and it accordingly activates the bar of dial soap screensaver"
    Maybe it's a joke about how you're going to curse so badly, you need to wash your mouth out with soap?
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    An update already from Palm? Bad sign.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    the cpu getting freed up from this too? more cpu speed? palm internals anyone?
    Last edited by mattlaughs; 01/18/2007 at 08:19 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    An update already from Palm? Bad sign.
    Sounds to me like a good sign for Cigular customers. Those of us on the 700p have been waiting 8+ months for Palm, Verizon, and Sprint to get their act together on the 700p update. Perhaps Cingular is more responsive regarding testing/verifying Palm fixes on their network than the CDMA carriers. Hats off to Palm and Cingular!
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    What I mean is, why aren't issues discovered BEFORE they unleashed products on the general public? Palm isn't the only one. But in the statement, they claim something about the camera sucking battery life. They didn't REALIZE this beforehand?

I think they expected battery life to take a hit when compared to the last (650) model. The battery is thinner and therefore lower capacity. But it's been worse than we expected. I'm just happy they're listening and addressing the issue so quickly.
    But what I'm saying is: They didn't know the camera sucks battery life while in stand by?? That tells me they didn't test properly. Just using the camera, they should have seen that. It's good that they responded quickly, but it's still not a good sign for quality control. The customers are still the beta testers it seems.

yeah palm makes us suffer. one day steven speilberg will make a film about it. museams will go up. and even the history channel will retell this tragedy that has scarred mankind. a thousand years will pass and palm will not stop feeling guilty for this.

p.s.
    get over yourself. you deserve better anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    But what I'm saying is: They didn't know the camera sucks battery life while in stand by?? That tells me they didn't test properly. Just using the camera, they should have seen that. It's good that they responded quickly, but it's still not a good sign for quality control. The customers are still the beta testers it seems.
    M$ is about to release new software, it was beta tested by thousands, wanna bet there will be bugs?

the 680 may have had 500 or so testers...

Bugs happen, sorry!

-680 owner, glad palm released an update, and I'd bet the fourm posters herer et al help solve the problem!
    Last edited by sysadmin; 01/18/2007 at 09:19 PM. Reason: spelling!!!
    well, i'm looking forward to seeing how much it fixes the battery life... as i'm expecting mine in about 2 weeks.
    Maybe it's just wishful thinking... but I could swear my 680 feels like it's loading and switching apps a bit faster now.

Am I losing my mind or is anyone else seeing a more perky Palm after the update?
    Updating... time will tell, I have somewhat avoided using the camera BUT I will make sure to use it now after this update...
    Now it's the WAITING GAME: a GSM Palm Pre
    T680 (COPPER) + Cingular = FUN!!
    My T650 & 6230b and NX70 are retired... =(
    http://mrg9605.com
    http://ipgeek21.com
    noncents.net
    http://seresqueridos.com

justdai.com
    reddingk.com
    georgeozuna.com
    goaskoscar.com
    I agree, this patch is awesome.

Straight off, I noticed speed improvements. When scrolling in the categories or delete list there is no lag and so far my battery life is lasting longer then before... I find out by how much by tonight (normally the battery is dead by the time I go to bed and need to put it on recharge).

But so far, so good! Great work PALM! I'm over the moon you would release a patch this quick. This is my first Palm device in 6 years... You’re making my move back to Palm very smooth. Speed and Battery Life in one patch... impressive!
    Always thot mine had a little sluggishness to lists and flipping thru months in Calendar. But, ya know mine does seem quicker now with the patch. Psychosomatic or not I could care less ... it's faster.

We'll see if the battery is improved or not?
    Patrick Horne
    Is this patch also for European (ROW) Treos ?

Just wondering ...
    Digital since 1980, Handheld since 2001
    M105, TE, T3.5, Treo 680, Treo 500v
    Happy Datebk6.1 user
    It was first posted on the European Palm site. In fact, that's where I loaded mine from. They tell you what it's for--GSM unlocked phones, I think, is how they put it.
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    yep. ALL treo 680s. If you have a 650, 700p or 600, then no this is not for you. But if you have a 680, go update.
    Quote Originally Posted by ediamond View Post
    yep. ALL treo 680s. If you have a 650, 700p or 600, then no this is not for you. But if you have a 680, go update.
    Done
    Digital since 1980, Handheld since 2001
    M105, TE, T3.5, Treo 680, Treo 500v
    Happy Datebk6.1 user
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast