Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by sysadmin View Post
    M$ is about to release new software, it was beta tested by thousands, wanna bet there will be bugs?

the 680 may have had 500 or so testers...

Bugs happen, sorry!

-680 owner, glad palm released an update, and I'd bet the fourm posters herer et al help solve the problem!
    That's to be expected from MSFT anyway.
    I'm still getting updates for XP.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    An update already from Palm? Bad sign.
    Well, the very need for an update this quickly was a bad sign. That we actually got it is a good sign! Just ask those 700P owners still waiting for an update for over a year.
    I do see the patch as a good sign as well.

I do NOT like the way this was sneakingly made available (at least, I did not see any 'official' announcement on it from Palm).
    I do not like either it consumes memory instead of being a ROM Flash update (I know, it is only a measly 88Kb or so, but it is the principle that counts ...).
    But I guess it will be incorporated in a future major update (whenever and if that ever comes).
    Digital since 1980, Handheld since 2001
    M105, TE, T3.5, Treo 680, Treo 500v
    Happy Datebk6.1 user
    Quote Originally Posted by holvoetn View Post
    Is this patch also for European (ROW) Treos ?

Just wondering ...
    It sure is. I posted the info on this forum yesterday evening already. Here.
    PalmAttitude.org
    your n1 french-speaking Palm resource on the web !
    Quote Originally Posted by MarieC View Post
    It sure is. I posted the info on this forum yesterday evening already. Here.
    It is already on my device as of 06h15 this morning
    Digital since 1980, Handheld since 2001
    M105, TE, T3.5, Treo 680, Treo 500v
    Happy Datebk6.1 user
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12