Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by wellsjs View Post
    I started to chime in here, but Moose, you more than covered anything I could have added!

I was just going to say something like, "don't know what you're running (version), and don't know what you're saying; what do you know?"

Thanks John, had some free time (as you know a rare thing today) and came in here and this thread just struck me as hilarious. Everyonce in awhile when I see a thread about litigation - well we all remember the old joke:

What do call a lawyer at the bottom of the ocean?

A good start.
    Don't get me wrong. Lawyer's have a place. I think that the mainland ought to do as Hawaii - All civil suits in Hawaii go to an arbitrator. If you as a plaintiff win the arbitration then you can accept the judgement of the arbitrator as to the monetary award and the case is finished. Nice and clean. However, if you decide to take it to full trial and do not win or your judgement by the jury is less than 110% (maybe 120%) of the original - then you pay all court costs for both sides. BTW - each civil lawyer in Hawaii is required to act as an arbitrator, pro bono, so that they all have a much better empathy for the entire situation.

This keeps the firvilious suits, as originally suggested by the OP, down and the courts clear for the truly monumental issues of putting O.J. Simpson behind bars.
    Moose Man
    Welcome my son, welcome to the machine.
    iPhone 3G, Treo 750, 680, 650, 600 and T5, T3, T, M515, M505, Vx, V, Prizm, Visor, IIIc, IIIe, Palm Pilot Professional, Palm Pilot (ok boys and girls a whopping 128k of memory - those were the days) and former Palm Beta tester.
    Global Posts
    683 Global Posts
    Mike, its been a while because I migrated myself and PDA needs to a Axim, but I just want to add my 2 cents into this bogus alleged law suit.
    I have found Mike to be a very professional, and direct, to the point person, who I would have no problem with be it purchasing additional software or helping test future versions, or products.
    I also was one of the lucky one years back who assisted in testing BUM and have found my relationship with BnB to be one of a satisfying nature.
    Mike, if you need anything don't hesitate to ask.
    I have now migrated back to the world of Palm for WM...

I was happy to find that my version 2 BUM works flawlessly on my TREO 650...

Funny I kept comparing BUM with all the backup programs offered for WM2.3 and 5.
    I used to share with the 3rd party vendors all the nice functions, and functionality of BUM in a hope that one of them might be able to offer a product closely resembling it.
    But no one ever came close...

Thanks to all at BnB
    JW
    Mike
    Thank you for a GOOD product in backupman. I can only imagine that you probably receive hundreds of emails & probably daily are amazed at the unintelligent questions. Based on that assumption I can see why one could get frustrated & appear rude sometimes.

This isn't a popularity contest.....I just want solid products & that's what you delivered.

I think people need to be careful in proposing suit against someone and need to have a legitimate reason & have exhausted reasonable efforts to resolve first.

Keep up the great work Mike.
    I have version 1.54 on the 650 and other than the occasional cannot restore from set.....I have had no problems....can't see upgrading yet. Any reason why I should. I love this program and it has saved my **** more than once and is worth its weight in gold.
    Quote Originally Posted by cadman View Post
    I have version 1.54 on the 650 and other than the occasional cannot restore from set.....I have had no problems....can't see upgrading yet. Any reason why I should. I love this program and it has saved my **** more than once and is worth its weight in gold.
    That's the same version I use on the 650 and the 680. I follow the "If it ain't broke..." philosophy

I haven't seen the "cannot restore from set" error...
    this guys fricken nuts.....get over it
    Fred
    Cingular 680
    Global Posts
    683 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fkjr2 View Post
    That pretty much sum's it up.
    JW
    Quote Originally Posted by fkjr2 View Post
    How very diplomatic of you...
    Quote Originally Posted by Christinac130 View Post
    How very diplomatic of you...
    well yes, usually I am but this fellow needs a new hobby

My typical motivation is making love not war
    Fred
    Cingular 680
    PLEASE! Tuck this thread back where it ended last January! In the famous words of Ferris Bueller, "You're still here? It's over . . . go home!"
    Lord, who will we go to? You have the words of eternal life. Jn 6:68 <><
    PDA "trail" > Sharp Wizard OZ-750 > Palm M100 > Visor Deluxe > Visor Prism > Sony T665C > Sony NX80V > Sony TH55(2) > Palm Treo 700p
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by noc View Post
    We will seek the free upgrade to v. 2.2 along with punitive damages.

noc's been watching too many episodes of Law and Order. Punitive damages? Best of luck with that CAL. Oh and BTW, unless you're the lawyer handling the CAL, don't expect to see much if anything in the way of compensation.

Pathetic.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12