Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 44
  1. pbtxit's Avatar
    Posts
    7 Posts
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    #21  
    I have a question for Goodguy, or anyone else that might know the answer. I am using the latest version of Good on a Moto Q, and on the homescreen if I have all day events I can't see any other appointments. Before I installed Good I was able to see my next two appointments, this still works with Good unless I have two all day appts. Is there any way to not display the all day appt. on the homescreen. Thanks in advance for any help.
  2. #22  
    You may want to go to qusers.com and check their forums as several GMM users there have modified their home screens.
  3. #23  
    hi,

    I am using samsung i600 (blackjack) wm5 with Goodlink v4.9.3.21_EN.
    I have observed that my mobile phone is unable to receive/send SMS while the goodlink application is running.
    Once the Goodlink is closed, the sms functionality is back to normal.

    Any ideas?

    Many thanks in advance.
  4. #24  
    Interesting. Never heard that one. Let me check with our Cingular group and see if anyone has heard anything like that.
  5. #25  
    I upgraded from a treo 680 to a 750 recently and have Good 4.9.3 running on it (so far so good). A few things Ive noticed and wonder about:

    1. On the Palm version, in an email you could press ctrl+arrow keys to jump from word to word. On the Windows version, in an email when i press ctrl+arrows I jump down to the end of the email. Is there a way I can still jump word to word?

    2. On the Today screen, when I click on the time in the top right corner, a Time and Next Appointment bubble pops up, and shows at the bottom Upcoming Appointments. However, this is pulling from the Windows calendar rather than the Good calendar, so it always reads "No Upcoming Appointments".

    3. Attachments: with now having Word, Excel, Powerpoint etc at my fingertips being able to email attachments will be a necessity. I am truly hoping this feature is in the upcoming ver 5.

    4. Other Features: I am also hoping Good includes in ver 5 the ability to make appointments private along with setting recurrences for calendar items (i have asked for these features more times than i can remember).

    Thanks,
    -peter
    RIM 957 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 680 > Treo 750 / GMM
  6. #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by conekkted View Post
    But I just can't for the life of me understand what takes Good so long to fix these issues.
    i believe they only have 1 developer

    and maybe 1 sales person? i had problems contacting anyone in sales, or my previous rep, later found out the rep left. no one would return my calls, or emails. had more responses from goodguy
  7. #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodGuy View Post
    however, we have 100's of thousands of users who are not saying these things. No, we are not playing to smallest common denominator, however, you are implying that our entire customer base is irate which is far from the case.
    would be interesting if someone could actually poll every single one of those 100's of thousands of users. majority wouldn't even have the time to come to these forums to complain. but if given a chance, i bet you'd be surprised.
  8. #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by conekkted View Post
    That is because every review is reviewing you guys as a push mail solution. And as far as competitors who else can they compare you to? BE HONEST. If there were several other push email solutions out there (and they're coming) you would see Good's market share decrease drastically because people are tired of mediocrity. But if you compare the GL calendar, email, contacts, and tasks applications as well as their stability against any other program (regardless of push) then GL absolutely pales in comparison in each and every discipline. If you can't see that then I have to submit that you have never compared GL to the competition.
    i've actually started testing and using the microsoft's push technology using wm5 and mfsp... not as bad as some people claim it to be. and good says one big advantage GL has over MS's push? they can guarantee message delivery. well i haven't missed 1 email, 1 calendar event or 1 contact that i have in my outlook. and not really sure how GL guarantee's message delivery. where do i find that? on the server logs? dunno...
  9. #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by islandsnow View Post
    would be interesting if someone could actually poll every single one of those 100's of thousands of users. majority wouldn't even have the time to come to these forums to complain. but if given a chance, i bet you'd be surprised.
    Actually, we have done surveys of our users. I bet YOU'D be surprised. I am sure you have heard the saying that those that are happy tell 5 people, those that aren't tell 10.
  10. #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodGuy View Post
    Actually, we have done surveys of our users. I bet YOU'D be surprised. I am sure you have heard the saying that those that are happy tell 5 people, those that aren't tell 10.
    As with anything the answer probably lies somewhere inbetween. If you read my posts on GMM you might think that nothing works well with the product. If you listen to GoodGuy you may think that the problems are minimal or in other words, comparable to other applications of similar complexity.

    Read through these forums and make your own conclusions. Shame on you if you base decisions on 1 or 2 posts you read here.

    My contention, however, is that most of the users on this Good forum are of medium to high technical level. This is evidenced by the topics they discuss in their posts and the answers they provide to novices. And if some of the more technically apt users are having multiple issues with the application across multiple hardware devices, then you can bet the less-technical users are experiencing these same issues. If any of you know anything about statistical sampling, I would say that the TC forums here correlate to a highly unacceptable amount of appliaction bugs in GMM over the last year.
    Treo 750 - Cingular/ATT
  11. #31  
    Your assumptions and contentions are exactly that, YOUR assumptions and YOUR contentions. And, most of all, they are tired and worn out. We ALL know how you feel and your repetitive posts are really not necessary.
  12. #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodGuy View Post
    Your assumptions and contentions are exactly that, YOUR assumptions and YOUR contentions. And, most of all, they are tired and worn out. We ALL know how you feel and your repetitive posts are really not necessary.
    True, they are my contentions...contentions that are not only corroborated by several of the posters above and by dozens of posters in the other threads, but by facts and examples that I site in almost every post. For example how can you discard the fact that the dozens of posters here are a very small sampling of what must be a much larger group of users out there. Your response was contrarian but gave no examples to the contrary. I understand that you know how I feel, but are you asking me not to respond when I see a comment that I don't believe is factual? Users reading these posts can only benefit from the debate. If I were you I would assume that users of GMM are highly intelligent and can make their own decisions based on their research here and elsewhere.
    Treo 750 - Cingular/ATT
  13. #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by conekkted View Post
    True, they are my contentions...contentions that are not only corroborated by several of the posters above and by dozens of posters in the other threads, but by facts and examples that I site in almost every post. For example how can you discard the fact that the dozens of posters here are a very small sampling of what must be a much larger group of users out there.
    Based upon the size of our user base, yes, I think that the "dozens" of posts you refer to are a very small sampling. Our churn rate is less than 1.5% and has been that way since version 3.5. There are GMM users in over 60 countries on 40 different carriers. Our user base has grown exponentially for the last two years, with the greatest rate of growth being within the last year, regardless of the introduction of EAS. All of this with what you refer to as an inferior product.

    I understand that you know how I feel, but are you asking me not to respond when I see a comment that I don't believe is factual?
    I am not asking you to do anything, least of all not respond. I am, however, from this point forward, ignoring your baiting.



    Users reading these posts can only benefit from the debate. If I were you I would assume that users of GMM are highly intelligent and can make their own decisions based on their research here and elsewhere.
    And If I were you, I would stop assuming that your opinions carry as much weight as you seem to think they do.
    Last edited by GoodGuy; 05/04/2007 at 11:14 AM.
  14. #34  
    And If I were you, I would stop assuming that your opinions carry as much weight as you seem to think they do.
    MEOW! HISS I never said anything about my opinions carrying weight. You need to be less emotional when reading the posts and more factual. I said, "Users reading these posts can only benefit from the debate." There are hundreds of posts here by hundreds of users. I say in post after post that people can read these and make up their own minds.


    "...Good's end-to-end platform is still the most impressive wireless messaging solution we've seen."
    -PC Magazine
    I must admit you have a Good sense of humor. You often complain that I bring up issues from the past releases and don't talk about the current one. Then your signature touts a PC magazine article about version 4.0 that was dated March of 2005. In my never-ending search for the facts I will help out by posting a link to a much more recent review of GMM 4.9 from February 14th of THIS year by reghardware.com. In case you dont want to read the review I will just post their Summary.

    "Verdict
    GMM's pitch is bringing the benefits of push email and personal information to a range of devices, not just the ones RIM makes. And that means you have the freedom to change hardware at a future date and retain the Good look'n'feel. The downside is that look and feel: it's basic and functionally a long way behind the PIM and email apps integrated into today's smart phones and PDAs. That said, it certainly works well. But if you're used to using a device's own apps, GMM feels like a step backward. GMM's server side may appeal to IT departments, but the client needs sprucing up if it's to win over end-users."
    Final score: 75 (hey, that's a solid C).
    Last edited by conekkted; 05/04/2007 at 08:48 PM.
    Treo 750 - Cingular/ATT
  15. #35  
    You need to be less emotional when reading the posts and more factual
    I gave you facts, yet you conveniently decided not to respond to those.

    Wow..haven't updated my signature. How about:

    Whether you're starting from scratch or looking for a solid push e-mail solution to add to your current fleet of devices, it's hard to go wrong with Good Mobile Messaging. It's the slickest package I've seen for keeping employees connected to the office without having to issue laptops to everyone. RIM's solution is great if you have a BlackBerry, but Good Mobile Messaging is the best push e-mail option that supports multiple platforms. For that, it's our Editors' Choice.

    Sept of last year, review of 4.9

    or

    ]Good Mobile Messaging was selected the winner in the Mobiltiy & Wireless category of the MSExchange.org Readers’ Choice Awards.

    From Feb of this year. That is probably the better of the two. Voted on by readers, the users you so vigorously protect.
    Last edited by GoodGuy; 05/04/2007 at 10:18 PM.
  16. #36  
    You are always very close to the whole picture, but not quite there.
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodGuy View Post
    Whether you're starting from scratch or looking for a solid push e-mail solution to add to your current fleet of devices, it's hard to go wrong with Good Mobile Messaging. It's the slickest package I've seen for keeping employees connected to the office without having to issue laptops to everyone. RIM's solution is great if you have a BlackBerry, but Good Mobile Messaging is the best push e-mail option that supports multiple platforms. For that, it's our Editors' Choice.
    To be fair, you left out their paragraph that started, "With all this e-mail-related goodness (no pun intended), the downsides are few but significant."
    And I will agree that as of Sept of last year GMM was the best push mail solution around. But a lot has changed in 8 months as shown by the second article you quoted.
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodGuy View Post
    ]Good Mobile Messaging was selected the winner in the Mobiltiy & Wireless category of the MSExchange.org Readers’ Choice Awards..
    The results of this Reader's Choice were posted along with the article. Here they are:
    Results
    1st Good Mobile Messaging* 23%
    2nd Intellisync Wireless Email 16%
    3rd FastComm's Airlook 12%
    4th TeleMessage Email on the Go 9%
    5th DataViz RoadSync 8%
    6th Fenestrae Enterprise Mobility Server 3%
    7th OneBridge Mobile Groupware 2%
    Other 27%

    As you can see people are slowly but surely transitioning to the new push solutions that have finally arrived. Good squandered their near monopoly on push email that they had for so long. The results show that GMM wins, but only with 23% of the vote. And this is before Exchange ActiveSync went mainstream. As I have said before, Good will continue to lose market share as long as they refuse to respond to the overwhelming desires of their end-users.

    Thanks for pointing out those two articles to us!
    Treo 750 - Cingular/ATT
  17. #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by conekkted View Post
    You are always very close to the whole picture, but not quite there.

    To be fair, you left out their paragraph that started, "With all this e-mail-related goodness (no pun intended), the downsides are few but significant."
    "Hey, Pot?"
    "Yes, kettle?"
    "You are black"

    Complete the paragraph

    With all this e-mail-related goodness (no pun intended), the downsides are few but significant. To get Good up and running, you'll need a Microsoft Exchange or Lotus Notes server. And at $1,500 for a server license and a one-time purchase fee of $99 per handheld, Good Mobile Messaging is certainly not cheap, though large volume discounts can alleviate this expense somewhat. A Good spokesperson quoted a price of about $55 each for a pack of 500 licenses.
    Nothing there at all about usability

    And I will agree that as of Sept of last year GMM was the best push mail solution around. But a lot has changed in 8 months as shown by the second article you quoted.
    One thing that has not changed is the sofware. In Sept of last year, we were in version 4.9, the same one you have been hammering since you came on TC. So, in 8 months we went from the best to the worst with no major release?

    The results of this Reader's Choice were posted along with the article. Here they are:
    Results
    1st Good Mobile Messaging* 23%
    2nd Intellisync Wireless Email 16%
    3rd FastComm's Airlook 12%
    4th TeleMessage Email on the Go 9%
    5th DataViz RoadSync 8%
    6th Fenestrae Enterprise Mobility Server 3%
    7th OneBridge Mobile Groupware 2%
    Other 27%

    As you can see people are slowly but surely transitioning to the new push solutions that have finally arrived. Good squandered their near monopoly on push email that they had for so long. The results show that GMM wins, but only with 23% of the vote. And this is before Exchange ActiveSync went mainstream. As I have said before, Good will continue to lose market share as long as they refuse to respond to the overwhelming desires of their end-users.

    Thanks for pointing out those two articles to us!
    New push solutions? Intellisync has been around MUCH longer than Good as has Onebridge. Fenstrae has been around longer as well and the first time I had ever heard of them was in this review.

    Monopoly? Let's see, Blackberry has over 6 million users, Intellisync claims 3 million users. We are nowhere near either of those numbers, so I fail to see a monopoly.

    Lastly, as I said, we are actually adding users now at a much higher rate than before EAS "went mainstream". EAS has actually been a positive for us in that it brought push-email more "mainstream". Sure, we lose deals in the small business sector, but that was never a target market for us. What has happened is in the enterprise space, companies bought the Redmond hype, tried EAS and realized that it is nowhere near ready for enterprise-wide deployment, so they come to a solution that is. Our user base has grown dramatically since the "mainstreaming" of EAS.
  18. #38  
    One thing that has not changed is the sofware. In Sept of last year, we were in version 4.9, the same one you have been hammering since you came on TC. So, in 8 months we went from the best to the worst with no major release?
    Exactly my point. You guys have not changed in those months, but new push mail solutions have been coming online.

    New push solutions? Intellisync has been around MUCH longer than Good as has Onebridge. Fenstrae has been around longer as well and the first time I had ever heard of them was in this review.
    C'mon, you have to know that we are talking about true, mainstream corporate email solutions. Anyone here "in the know" is aware that these were not viable solutions until recently. You can mix apples and oranges all you like.

    Monopoly? Let's see, Blackberry has over 6 million users, Intellisync claims 3 million users. We are nowhere near either of those numbers, so I fail to see a monopoly.
    Hmmm. I didn't know Blackberry had a Windows Mobile solution.

    We could debate this till we are blue in the face. Unfortunately for Good, I am fairly confident in their ability to slowly erode their base usership down to an insignificant number. It may take 6 months or maybe 2 years, but M$ will slowly hammer the final nails in GMM's coffin. Which is a shame....because I hate to see M$ win at anything. These days you have to actually try to do worse than M$.
    Treo 750 - Cingular/ATT
  19. #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by conekkted View Post
    C'mon, you have to know that we are talking about true, mainstream corporate email solutions. Anyone here "in the know" is aware that these were not viable solutions until recently. You can mix apples and oranges all you like.
    Intellisync is not mainstream? Anyone in the know, as you say, knows that Intellisync is absolutely mainstream.

    Hmmm. I didn't know Blackberry had a Windows Mobile solution.
    http://www.blackberry.com/ap/product...wsmobile.shtml


    We could debate this till we are blue in the face.
    We agree on something!!!


    Unfortunately for Good, I am fairly confident in their ability to slowly erode their base usership down to an insignificant number. It may take 6 months or maybe 2 years, but M$ will slowly hammer the final nails in GMM's coffin. Which is a shame....because I hate to see M$ win at anything. These days you have to actually try to do worse than M$.
    6 months or 2 years? It has been 6 months and there has been zero erosion. 2 years? Lifetime in this space. Once you get past Netscape vs IE and M$ hasn't won too many battles lately where they were the late entrant. M$ has tried for how many years to win at search? How about M$ Media Center? WebTV? Ms Money vs Quicken? CRM vs Salesforce? Zune vs iPod? Hotmail vs Gmail? SQL vs Oracle? Xbox vs PS3?

    People have been calling GMM's demise for years. First it was going to be Blackberry...didn't happen...then open source...nope...now, MSFT. Could it happen? Sure it could, anything is possible. Just not very probable IMO.
  20. #40  
    I recently was given a Tre700wx to replace my PPC6700 that recently died (corrupt ROM and sprint did not have any replacement PPC's). I installed GL for my corporate email (worked fine on the ppc6700)... and looking for workarounds for contacts / email as GL seems to disable Photo Speed Dial, makes my MSN mail button a default to good messaging, and makes Goodlink contacts default!!!!???? The basic preferences do not seem to help.....
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions