1.    #1  
    Yep...time to move on up to the 680. I love my 650...but it just became SEVERELY handicapped two days ago. All of a sudden, none of the voice/phone features worked. I'd place a call...the screen would say "Dialing"...then "Active"...but I never heard anything...neither did the people on the receiving end of the call. The speaker & microphone seem to have conked out on me. My phone would vibrate as normal when someone called...but when I press the answer buton, I hear nothing. The speakerphone button doesnt pop up anymore. I try to use real player....nothing. Text messaging still works though.

I called cingular, and explained the problem. After being on the line with them for a while, they determined that there was nothing that could be done to easily fix the phone. My warranty just expired on January 4th

The lady offered me a $50 credit to my account. Great...but it doesn't help me from a funtional stand point. I thankfully accpeted the credit offer though. She was telling me the price of the 680...and it was something way above my price range. The price was so high because I am technically not eligible for an upgrade yet (not till June)...and its not a new contract....yaddi yadda....it basically would have been an outright purchase.

While on the phone with her, I was browing thru Cingular's Premier site...and it appeared that I could indeed purchase the phone for redced price...just sign for another two years. I questioned her about that...and she kinda stumbled...saying that it would be a new line, with a new number. It didnt seem that way judging via the site though.

The next day (yesterday) I went back to the site, and I ordered a new 680. I was able to get the phone for a decent price after all was said and done. I signed up for 2 more years (no biggie...I've been with this provider since the days of Cellular One). It was delivered this afternoon...so it looks like I'll be back in business sooner than expected.
    Last edited by mad_cartographe; 01/18/2007 at 02:43 PM.
    Global Posts
    234 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mad_cartographe View Post
    Yep...time to move on up to the 680. I love my 650...but it just became SEVERELY handicapped two days ago. All of a sudden, none of the voice/phone features worked. I'd place a call...the screen would say "Dialing"...then "Active"...but I never heard anything...neither did the people on the receiving end of the call. The speaker & microphone seem to have conked out on me. My phone would vibrate as normal when someone called...but when I press the answer buton, I hear nothing. The speakerphone button doesnt pop up anymore. I try to use real player....nothing. Text messaging still works though.

I called cingular, and explained the problem. After being on the line with them for a while, they determined that there was nothing that could be done to easily fix the phone. My warranty just expired on January 4th

The lady offered me a $50 credit to my account. Great...but it doesn't help me from a funtional stand point. I thankfully accpeted the credit offer though. She was telling me the price of the 680...and it was something way above my price range. The price was so high because I am technically not eligible for an upgrade yet (not till June)...and its not a new contract....yaddi yadda....it basically would have been an outright purchase.

While on the phone with her, I was browing thru Cingular's Premier site...and it appeared that I could indeed purchase the phone for redced price...just sign for another two years. I questioned her about that...and she kinda stumbled...saying that it would be a new line, with a new number. It didnt seem that way judging via the site though.

The next day (yesterday) I went back to the site, and I ordered a new 680. I was able to get the phone for a decent price after all was said and done. I signed up for 2 more years (no biggie...I've been with this provider since the days of Cellular One). It was delivered this afternoon...so it looks like I'll be back in business sooner than expected.
    Dont mean to be a busy body, but shouldn"t you rethink your avatar?
    Nice avatar...I bet you're fun at a party
  4.    #4  
    Done
  5.    #5  
    Anyways...I got the 680 yesterday. So far, so good. I realized that it isn't worth the hassle to sync the 650 to the 680. All of my 650 software is on an old computer that I dont use anymore. I'd rather just start anew. I copied all of my contacts to my sim card, so losing those wasn't much of an issue. The only 3rd party application I use is my Tom Tom navigator program, and that was saved to my SD card.

The phone came surprisingly fast. I ordered it on Wednesday afternoon, and it was delivered at 1:12pm on thrusday. Less than 24hrs....impressive.
    Quote Originally Posted by mad_cartographe View Post
    Yep...time to move on up to the 680. ..........
    The 680 is not "up" from the 650. It is at best lateral. Make me an offer, please.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by whmurray View Post
    The 680 is not "up" from the 650. It is at best lateral.

Yeah, you're right. I'm just glad to have something that works now.