1.    #1  
    Backup Manager has a new maintenance release, v2.2, free for registered users. I downloaded and installed the application, did a backup with Resco Backup, then with Backup Manager 2.2, executed a hard reset and did a restore with the new release.

The Java environment is backed up but is not restored. Launch-Anywhere is backed up but is not restored. An error message is displayed when a file is not restored. An option to clear the DB cache after a backup has been added, giving a degree of stability after the backup process has been completed.

The current release of Resco Backup does restore the Java environment and Launch-Anywhere.

Ben
    I think you mean BackupMan.
  3.    #3  
    When it first came out it was Backup Manager, shortened after that to BackupMan - you are correct. Ben
    Does anyone know what this update includes? I can't find info on their website.
  5.    #5  
    Take a look here. One big thing offered was the clearing of the DB cache at the end of the backup.

Ben

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=134527
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    I have been usign backup man for a while now and recently upgraded to the new version. It was working without a hitch until I installed Icons Plus yesterday. it's not on Mike's "list" of known apps. that cause a reset during/after backup, but that's what's happening.

Seems that Icons Plus is causing BackupMan to reset as when I uninstalled it (Icons Plus) the problem goes away.
    Late '08 MacBook Pro, 2.53 GHz, 8 GB RAM, 500 GB HD 7200; Mid 2011 MacBook Air 11" 1.6GHz, 4 GB RAM, 128 GB SSD; 32GB iPhone 4; 32GB WiFi iPad 2 (White); Apple TV; Nikon D300; AND (Hopefully) a 16GB HP Touchpad from the fire sale! TWITTER: @RobT43
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    Just an update, if you install Resco Locker (free app) and set it to lock Icons Plus, then BackupMan works fine...no problems doing a backup.

Get Resco Locker here:

http://www.resco.net/palm/locker/default.asp
    Late '08 MacBook Pro, 2.53 GHz, 8 GB RAM, 500 GB HD 7200; Mid 2011 MacBook Air 11" 1.6GHz, 4 GB RAM, 128 GB SSD; 32GB iPhone 4; 32GB WiFi iPad 2 (White); Apple TV; Nikon D300; AND (Hopefully) a 16GB HP Touchpad from the fire sale! TWITTER: @RobT43