Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    This was published DEC 14th, 2006!!!!!

http://kb.palm.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBC...m_External2001
    Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms. Who's bringing the chips?
    GREAT!
    My Palm treo cradle is a B rating which means it should not be used with my troe 680.
    So howmany of you out there are using the 650 original cradle? Ohh that;'s another extra few hundren thousand dollars for palm when we are buying there C rating cradle.
    Information found on PalmAttitude.org :

Palm has quietly released a patch that addresses an issue about the camera draining the Treo's battery, even when it's in standby mode.

The patch is available on the european Palm Knowledge Base (solution number : 10946).
    Last edited by MarieC; 01/18/2007 at 04:57 PM.
    PalmAttitude.org
    your n1 french-speaking Palm resource on the web !
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    WOW....Thanks!!!
    Watch it. My cradle is a "Rev A" model, which according to the text, is "not compatible with a Treo 680" But I have the sealed plastic wrap in which it was shipped to me and it says "SKU 3198WWZ" which according to the green check marks IS compatible with the 680. It is also part number "180-10022-01" which also has a green check mark. So do I figure its two against one? Or do I figure one negative is enough to nix it? These people are certifiable idiots.
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Note that Rev A, and B for 180-10022-00 are the only ones not compatibles for the Treo 680

They do not mention anything about revisions for 180-10022-01, SKU 3198WWZ, and cradles that mention "Treo 680" on the package.
    Last edited by jfme; 01/18/2007 at 05:08 PM.
    Why Palm did not say anything in the US?
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by jfme View Post
    Note that Rev A, and B for 180-10022-00 are the only ones not compatibles for the Treo 680

They do not mention anything about revisions for 180-10022-01, SKU 3198WWZ, and cradles that mention "Treo 680" on the package.

They do. The -01 is fully compatible. See the Cradle thread for the link.
    Quote Originally Posted by jfme View Post

That may or may not be their intent, but there is nothing I can see in the section where it says Rev A and RevB are simply not compatible that it only applies to certain Rev A and Rev B models. You read the above section as limiting the lower section, but the lower section does not say it is so limited. It says flatly that Rev A and B are not compatible.
    Plug your AC charger into a socket, and into your smartphone. When the LED glows "#00FF00", your battery is fully charged.
    Now that's a true webmonkey!

Quote Originally Posted by icesalmon View Post
    Why Palm did not say anything in the US?
    Dunno. I guess Palm US website will get updated sometime today as well.
    PalmAttitude.org
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by mdavis View Post
    That may or may not be their intent, but there is nothing I can see in the section where it says Rev A and RevB are simply not compatible that it only applies to certain Rev A and Rev B models. You read the above section as limiting the lower section, but the lower section does not say it is so limited. It says flatly that Rev A and B are not compatible.
    It states that all -01 are compatible.

On the -00, Rev A and B are not compatible, but Rev C is.

James
    I don't know what cradle thread you're talking about. What I see is a Palm web site that says pretty clearly that Rev A and Rev B are incompatible. They say it as clearly and as unqualifiedly as can be said in the English language. If there is something somewhere else, fine. But they are certifiable idiots for having this page there if what you are saying is that they say something else in another place.
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    I think the way they stated it is very confusing.

However, I think this is what they mean:

Not Compatible with Treo 680
    - 180-10022-00: Rev A and Rev B

Compatible with Treo 680
    - 180-10022-00 Rev C
    - 180-10022-01 (any Rev)
    - SKU 3198WWZ (any Rev)
    - Cradles that mention "Treo 680" on the package (any Rev)
    Quote Originally Posted by MarieC View Post
    Information found on PalmAttitude.org :

Palm has quietly released a patch that addresses an issue about the camera draining the Treo's battery, even when it's in standby mode.

The patch is available on the european Palm Knowledge Base (solution number : 10946).
    there's no patch download there man..just some knowledge library!! Aargh!
    Yes there is. I just loaded it. It was fun. You have to go to the solution number 10946
    Quote Originally Posted by mdavis View Post
    Yes there is. I just loaded it. It was fun. You have to go to the solution number 10946
    ?!?!? Crazy! No way I was going through 200000 sugegstions! Found it the EASY way - 680 support page

http://www.palm.com/us/support/downl...eraupdate.html
    Quote Originally Posted by bruckwine View Post
    ... No way I was going through 200000 sugegstions! ...
    Huh...?
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    ?!?!? Crazy! No way I was going through 200000 sugegstions! Found it the EASY way - 680 support page

http://www.palm.com/us/support/downl...eraupdate.html
    At the bottom left corner, there's a Solution ID field. Input the numbers 10946 and it'll take you directly to the camera update page.
    Sony Clie N610C Sony Clie N710C Sony Clie UX50 Palm Tungsten T|5 Locked Cingular Treo 650 Locked Cingular Treo 680
    "You see, Netherlands is this make-believe place where Peter Pan and Tinkerbell come from." - Joey Tribbiani
    there's no patch download there man..just some knowledge library!! Aargh!
    First, I'm not a MAN.
    Second, you simply have to enter the solution number I mentioned at the bottom of the page. It doesn't need that much brains to figure this out, does it ?
    PalmAttitude.org
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast