1.    #1  
    Hi. I have an unbranded 650 with 1.20 ENA that I want to change to 1.20 APR because I am living in China.

I know that in the past berdinkerdickle and jamesgangut had set up links on rapidshare to download SD APR ROM, but those links have expired. I've checked everywhere else on this forum but I can't find a valid link for this anywhere.

Can someone help me out by reloading this file? Thanks a ton,

sinabhai
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    Here you go, dude. http://www.palm.com/hk/ie/support/do...lockedgsm.html If you have a trouble to flash it or want to do it by SD card method, let me know, I can convert it for you.

Don't need to thanks a ton. Just save it. If I have a chance to visit China (Beijing, Quangzhou, or Shanghai) then I have a local friend there.

Happy (the comming up) NEW YEAR!
    Treo Maniac?
  3.    #3  
    treoluv, the adapter on palm's website if version specific. It will only work if i already have version APR on my phone. I don't. I'm currently running ENA (ROW). The official updater on Palm's site won't update ENA to ROW.

That's why I need to make the conversion using teh SD card method.

You're welcome to visit me anytime. I'm in Xiamen. Thanks for the new year wishes!
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    Have you tried to update directly to your Treo 650 yet or you just think? What's the error report, if yes?

Use the ROM tool mentioned here to change your current ROM 1.20-ENA to 1.19-APR (Just change the characters only, you don't have to mess around with actual ROM) Then flash the 1.20-APR as directed on palm HongKong website. Good luck!
    Treo Maniac?
    On a different note, is there a ROM update or flash that will change my 1.13 APR to 1.13 ROW? Do I benefit from changing it?
    Flash demos, reviews of PDA and smartphone apps and contests at Palm Discovery . How to do Palm resets. T/T2/T3/Treo screws
  6.    #6  
    Treoluv, so close yet so far! I followed your instructions to the T. At the very last moment, when the screen said that 100% of the installation was over, I got an error message :-(. Here's what it said:

"Different Partition Detected. Hotsync installer cannot be used. To upgrade your device, use the SD installer."

As the message indicates, I guess I need to use the SD installer to change the partititions. I remember reading somewhere on this forum that version APR needs 9.4 (or was it 9.8?) MB's partition. Currently my Treo has a 8.4 MB partition.

Here's a post by jamesgangut on 22/3/2006 where he posts a method to increase the partition size to 9.8 MB's. But the rapidshare link he has posted has expired. Does anyone have a previous version of APR ROM that i can use? Thanks,

sinabhai
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    Ok, I'll make 1.20-LAP SD card for you. Stay tune.

Be sure that you are familiar with that method b/c it is the easiest way to fried your treo.
    Treo Maniac?
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    Click on this link http://rapidshare.com/files/13850571...0-APR.zip.html to download 1.20-APR

Instructions:
    1. Download the zip file. Unzip, change the name to "PALM", save the folder to SD card e.g X:\PALM [X: is your drive letter]
    2. Plug the charger in. Make sure that you don't loose the power in the middle of the processing.
    3. Insert SD card to Treo 650. It will run automatically. Follow on screen intructions. When it starts to reset, withdraw the card immediately.
    4. Follow on screen guides to setup your Treo.

Now you can flash your Treo 650 with orginal updater.exe (link posted on post # 2)

Enjoy.
    Treo Maniac?
  9.    #9  
    Treoluv, thanks a lot. I'll give this a shot over the weekend. Assuming I follow your exact instructions, is there any chance that I might brick my Treo? Thanks.
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    I don't know what is the power status in your city. That the only chance you brick it. For the assurance, run it with UPS power backup AND keep all your pets and kid(s) away!

BTW, I did the test drive for flashing my 650 to 1.20-APR succesfully.

Goodluck, dude.
    Treo Maniac?
    I also want my Treo 650 with 1.20 ENA become 1.20 APR.
    the rapidshare is deleted already, can someone email me at dongv@pinoymac.org

thanks