1.    #1  
    For anyone interested in converting .lit (Microsoft Reader) ebooks to .pdb for eReader, etc... I just used ABC Amber LIT converter and it worked great!

http://www.processtext.com/abclit.html

I searched around here for a converter program and found Convert Lit, but I spent half the morning trying to get it right and couldn't. With ABC, I just opened the .lit file in the program, checked the PDB box and hit Save As and the book was deposited into Quick Install for my next Hotsync. Clean and simple...
    Thank. It's a royal pain in the *** to convert these files.

There was one time I want to convert a book into txt format. After some google research, I realized it was way too much trouble for what it was worth. So I just download the txt, non-drm version from eMule.
  3.    #3  
    It is a pain! It took me forever to try to figure out what each program was telling me to do. I finally gave up and just tried the ABC program because the pic in the instructions looked simple enough. I first converted it to txt because all the sites I went to told me I had to covert .lit to .txt, then .txt to .pdb. After I saw the .txt results (whiched looked crappy BTW) I noticed the PDB option. I was able to convert three books, Hot Synced and in two minutes I had all the Lord of the Rings books on my 680.
    You don't need to convert the txt file. Just throw it in your SD card. The build in "documents" program in your Treo 680/700p can find it and display it.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by whatever7 View Post
    You don't need to convert the txt file. Just throw it in your SD card. The build in "documents" program in your Treo 680/700p can find it and display it.
    To the mods...sorry you had to move the thread. I wasn't sure where to put it since the original program is a desktop app, not a Palm app.

So, do you mean Docs to Go can find the .lit file off the card and convert it? Do I have to read the book in DTG or can I then move it to eReader? I was so excited that I accomplished this all by myself and I didn't even need to do it in the first place...
    I meant you need to convert the lit file to txt file but you don't need to convert the txt file to pdb file.
    Know this is an old thread but it answered my question right away. Tried the converter software and it works like a charm.

Still plugging away with a GSM Treo 650 but it is nice to know you guys here still have ALL the answers!