1.    #1  
    I currently have a 700p and am wondering now whether I should switch to the wx. I only have 1 day to decide cuz my trial period ends tomorrow. Basically, I'm using the Treo for phone, PDA (email mostly, but would like goodies such as Google Maps, IM, etc.), GPS (Tomtom 6), and tethering. I'm just wondering whether I should switch to the wx. My concern on the p is future support. I realize that the p has better resolution than the wx...and that it's faster. But is this good enough to stay with the p?
    Quote Originally Posted by AlpineMan View Post
    ....but would like goodies such as Google Maps, IM, etc.), GPS (Tomtom 6), and tethering......
    Uhhhh...the "P" already does that/has those apps.
    How long do you intend to keep the device?
    Better resolution yes, faster? Not that I have noticed. I left the P for the WX and have not looked back since. It's all a matter of personal preference so go to a store and see if you can play around with one for a while and after you buy it you have 30 days. My guess is you won't regret it.
  4.    #4  
    The thing that bothers me on the P is that when I'm using Tomtom 6, when a call comes in, it automatically exits out of Tomtom when I answer the call. When the call is ended, I need to restart Tomtom...granted...it does restart where I left off. But it takes time to re-establish bluetooth connectivity and recalculate the route. I'm wondering whether the wx version has this problem, or can I simply switch apps (phone and tomtom) on the fly without having to terminate either app.
    Quote Originally Posted by AlpineMan View Post
    I'm wondering whether the wx version has this problem, or can I simply switch apps (phone and tomtom) on the fly without having to terminate either app.
    This was a HUGE reason for me for switching. I like keeping favorites in TomTom and switching between Directory Assistant & TomTom was a super pain. Especially if you were trying to look up a place. Granted, GMaps is now an option, but a few months ago, that was that.

What you describe is something that is possible with the WX. I suggest you test drive it in the same way you're doing now with the P. 30 days or less, send it back and get the P if you're unsatisfied.
    My Freebie Java Widgets (Compatible with 650, 680, 700p & 755p)
    HourlyXCast - Hourly & 7 Day Forecasts! Weather Graphics, Radar Images & Alerts. "When 'PM Showers' just doesn't cut it"
    - RottenTomatoMeter - Movie Ratings, Reviews, Showtimes for New Movies & DVDs
    - TV2Nite - Calendar Events for your Favorite TV Shows!
    Exiting TomTom to go to the phone is annoying but you can switch back and stay on the phone. I do it all the time, even with a BT GPS and BT headset.
    Last edited by cvela90; 01/18/2007 at 08:10 PM. Reason: Forgot to mention, I use the 700p. Switch to the wx anyway. I think is better, I wish I could.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by cvela90 View Post
    Exiting TomTom to go to the phone is annoying but you can switch back and stay on the phone. I do it all the time, even with a BT GPS and BT headset.
    I thought you couldn't be connected to more than one bluetooth device on the p at a time? BTW, which BT GPS did you go with? I just got the Holux GPSlim 236. I wanted the i-Blue 737, but read that it experiences random bluetooth signal loss with the p...not sure on the wx.
    Does anyone know if you can reply with a different address (SMTP profile) using the built in push mail connected to an exchange server? I currently have a 700P and use Chatter (IMAP Connection). My personal e-mail is forwarded to my exchange account. When I reply, Chatter automatically knows which SMTP profile to use or I can select my personal one instead of the work one. Does the WX have that capability?
    3 Sharp Wizards (who can remember the model #'s anymore?) -> REX -> PalmPilot -> PalmPilot w/1 MB Upgrade -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm m505 -> Treo 90 -> Treo 600 (Sprint) -> Treo 650 (Sprint) -> Treo 700p (Sprint) -> Treo 755p (Sprint) -> Centro (KB & Batt too small) -> Treo 755p & Black Centro

Current "essential" programs: Chatter, 2day, TakePhone, SplashID, PalmPDF, 4Cast, DA, GoogleMaps, BackupMan, PowerHero, KeyCaps, LudusP, mSafe, TextPlus, VolumeCare, ePocrates, zLauncher.
    I must admit I was pleasently surprised when my BT headset rand while using TomTom. I got the Palm navigator bundle with Nav5. The GPS works great and never have lost connection or reception problems. Lately after power on of GPS, I have to wait a few seconds, turn it off and then back on for the 700p to connect (new thing, did not use to have the problem) but have no issues until the next power off/on cycle. I must admit I just do that now and have not seen if I still have the problem or not since some 700p resets have occured since. Those random resets are the ones that seem to bring surprises (I think is preferences corruption related).