Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    What is the best site for ringtones? The ones that come with the phone are awful.
    To easily manage extra ringtones you should get yourself an SD card and use a program such as minitones to make your own from .mp3 files saved to an /AUDIO folder on the card.
    Phone technician is a good program for ringtomes. i too make my own like Johncc. I made a coustom MP3 ringtone of R2-D2 & It cracks people up every time they hear it. The whistle is so high pitched I can still hear calls while in the shower yet it’s not annoying when carrying it around. IMO it’s the perfect ring tone for a Treo.
    Last edited by Bronxboy; 01/17/2007 at 06:04 PM.
    Once you have the SD card here is a site for mp3's

http://www.tuneusin.com/
    Don't you still an app such as Ringo to use MP3s as ringtones?
    Quote Originally Posted by ahan View Post
    Don't you still an app such as Ringo to use MP3s as ringtones?
    Yes, you need a third-party app to play the MP3s as ringtones. Most are using one mentioned in the above post, MiniTones. It's free...
    Thanks.

For those who use it, how stable have you found MiniTones? I've heard bad things about Ringo, so I'm curious.
    I have used ringo and some other one and mini tones is the best on the 700p
    I used to use treotones.com for perfect midi ringtones for my Treo, but the site has been down for weeks. You can get to the site fine via Blazer or even the PC browser, but cant download any of the tones, clicking to download routes you back to their homepage. Is there another free midi ringtone site like treotones?

Sprint PCS user since 1999

-=-=-
    Palm IIIC -> Palm M100 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 755P
    Do I count as a Palm addict if I still have my original Palm IIIC?
    -=-=-
    Praise is what I do...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronxboy View Post
    Phone technician is a good program for ringtomes. i too make my own like Johncc. I made a coustom MP3 ringtone of R2-D2 & It cracks people up every time they hear it. The whistle is so high pitched I can still hear calls while in the shower yet itís not annoying when carrying it around. IMO itís the perfect ring tone for a Treo.

Can you post that tone?
    If you're just after midi's, they're literally everywhere on the net. Just google for midi or free midi or if you have something in mind, like rocky theme midi, and 90% of the time, the first site you come across will have them for d/l for free.
    Treo 300 (x2), 600 (x3), 650 (x6), 700p (ROM'd to 755p)
    My Custom Black-Tie 700p
    Sprint, 750 AT, Unl N/W @ 7pm, Unl Roaming/Power Vision/Pix/Txt/M2M, $46/mo.
    Lost Your Treo 300/600/650/680/700/750 CD? Download them here.
    search on here for minitones someone posted it up here for free and it was just an awsome program...
    Quote Originally Posted by techprincesse View Post
    I used to use treotones.com for perfect midi ringtones for my Treo, but the site has been down for weeks. You can get to the site fine via Blazer or even the PC browser, but cant download any of the tones, clicking to download routes you back to their homepage. Is there another free midi ringtone site like treotones?
    Treobits is the other one I use. They have a great selection, but it's tedious because there is no search function.
    If you use, minitones, make sure you use CBR mp3's. VBR mp3's will crash MT left and right. If you don't know what I'm talking about, ask and I'll explain.
    My Custom Black-Tie 700p
  15.    #15  
    What size of memory card should I by?
    The largest that you're willing to spend on. Anything above a 2 GB card requires a Custom ROM. If you're uncomfortable making your own, go with a 2 GB. The largest that you can theoretically go on a 650 is, at the moment, 8 GB.
    My Custom Black-Tie 700p
    Quote Originally Posted by theleetbeagle View Post
    If you use, minitones, make sure you use CBR mp3's. VBR mp3's will crash MT left and right. If you don't know what I'm talking about, ask and I'll explain.
    Okay...I have to ask. What is CBR and VBR? Can't anything just be simple anymore?
    constant bit rate vs variable bit rate

read up on it, probably at wikipedia

what you need to be concerned with, though, is that minitones simply hates vbr files (from what i've read and experienced).
    My Custom Black-Tie 700p
  19.    #19  
    The largest that you're willing to spend on. Anything above a 2 GB card requires a Custom ROM. If you're uncomfortable making your own, go with a 2 GB. The largest that you can theoretically go on a 650 is, at the moment, 8 GB.
    I am assuming making a custom rom is more then the lay person should attempt. Is this accurate?
    constant bit rate vs variable bit rate

read up on it, probably at wikipedia

what you need to be concerned with, though, is that minitones simply hates vbr files (from what i've read and experienced).
    I read about the differences between constant bit rate and variable bit rate, but how do you know what you have? And when syncing music or compressing video is there a way to insure you have the correct one? Also, in the definition of constant bit rate it says that it is optimal for streaming, but not storage. Minitones isn't streaming the MP3, it's playing a file that is stored. Why does it have a problem with variable files, not constant? Sorry if these are really newbie questions...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast