1.    #1  
    As of Saturday, I'm a new Treo 680 owner, and have now installed a few applications. I installed ZLauncher 5.42 yesterday, and in general it works very well. I've noticed on bit of odd behavior, however, and I wanted to see if anybody else has experienced the same thing.

When I open Options->ZL Preferences, and it brings up the tabbed preferences interface, I get noticably slow response time when switching between tabs. Click on the new tab, wait 3/4 of a second, and the new tab opens. During the delay, it seems to partially redraw the window, and then pause before completing the process. The behavior is consistent across all the tabs. Within the tab, making selections, bringing up other dialogs, I get nice quick responses. It is only when switching tabs that it lags.

Elsewhere within ZLauncher, performance is fine. Switching between category tabs, for example, I have no problems.

In addition, I have the same version of ZLauncher installed on my old Tungsten E. On the older hardware (and older version of the Palm OS), it works great, no lag when switching preferences tabs.

Also, the only 3rd party app that I've installed that adds any background event handling logic to the Treo is ZLauncher. Aside from that all I've added is SplashID, FileZ, MathU (calculator), and a couple games. Nothing that should be impacting ZLauncher.

Has anybody else seen anything like this? Thanks.

- sean mcvicker
    It's a little slow between preferences, yes.. Will you be editing the preferences on a daily basis? No. Don't worry about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by smcvick View Post
    As of Saturday, I'm a new Treo 680 owner, and have now installed a few applications. I installed ZLauncher 5.42 yesterday, and in general it works very well. I've noticed on bit of odd behavior, however, and I wanted to see if anybody else has experienced the same thing.
    5.43b1 is beta, but it works much better on my 680 than the 5.42 did. The updates are 680-specific, I believe, so they're intended for you. You can get it on the zztechs.com site if you dig around a bit.
  4.    #5  
    >It's a little slow between preferences, yes.. Will you be editing the preferences on a daily basis? No. Don't worry about it.

You're right, and that had already occurred to me. It won't stop me from buying the app. But at the same time I was curious what other people were seeing.

>5.43b1 is beta, but it works much better on my 680 than the 5.42 did.

I'll have to give the beta version a try. Does 5.43b1 seem stable to those of you who have tried it?
    The beta has been on my 650 and 700p since its release without a problem. Ben