Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I tried several ways to download MP3's and wav's to my Treo 650, but cant seem to get them into the ring tone section.

here is what I did

1) emailed the mp3 and wav to my self. Saved it, but did not get prompted to "open it with the Sounds application ".

2) I used a web browser on the Treo and saved it that way to, but get prompted to save to Real Player, or Card. Saving to Real Player does not put it in the sounds application area, but on my SD card. Saving to Card yields putting it into /audio/z.mp3. And it too does not show up in sounds application area.

What am I doing wrong?

I did not see this specific question in the previous posts.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by geberle View Post
    What am I doing wrong?

I did not see this specific question in the previous posts.

Thanks
    You need a third-party app to do this.
    I've heard that polar bear steaks are tough, but maybe if you marinated them in beer they'd turn out all right.
  3.    #3  
    I'll check around. What is weird, is that I got it to work once, but was not sure how. I downloaded a file off the web I think. Did not use third party app.

GE
    Quote Originally Posted by geberle View Post
    I'll check around. What is weird, is that I got it to work once, but was not sure how. I downloaded a file off the web I think. Did not use third party app.

GE
    Your method will only work with MIDI's.

To use your MP3's put them in a folder called /AUDIO on the SD card using FileZ or similar program. Download the free MiniTones program and you can add all or part of any of your MP3's to your Treo's ringtone list.

filez - www.freewarepalm.com/utilities/filez.shtml
    minitones - http://mytreo.net/downloads/details-1053.html
    one time I used phonezoo.com and it worked.. but I still love mini tones..
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    Your method will only work with MIDI's.

To use your MP3's put them in a folder called /AUDIO on the SD card using FileZ or similar program. Download the free MiniTones program and you can add all or part of any of your MP3's to your Treo's ringtone list.

filez - www.freewarepalm.com/utilities/filez.shtml
    minitones - http://mytreo.net/downloads/details-1053.html
    Pardon my ignorance, but I've downloaded both programs and put them on my SD card. I've copied an MP3 over also but I can't see it in my Tones list. How exactly do I make it available?
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by paul8agrape View Post
    Pardon my ignorance, but I've downloaded both programs and put them on my SD card. I've copied an MP3 over also but I can't see it in my Tones list. How exactly do I make it available?
    Nevermind, I got it. I'm retarded. lol
    Quote Originally Posted by paul8agrape View Post
    Nevermind, I got it. I'm retarded. lol
    lol see its not rocket science
    ATT Treo 680 Crimson
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    i have both filez and minitones. I upped a ringer to my phone and got the program to recognize it, but everytime i click "add" in minitones it resets my treo.

anyone have any suggestions?
    trim the ringtone file size?
    I had the same problem... I took an mp3 using minitone and took a 15 sec clip of it to use as the ringer. First time I used the whole file and it crashed my treo.
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffkrenn View Post
    i have both filez and minitones. I upped a ringer to my phone and got the program to recognize it, but everytime i click "add" in minitones it resets my treo.

anyone have any suggestions?
    There's a certain type of MP3 that doesn't play nice with Minitones, but I can't remember the name...

I know this wasn't very helpful, but it may click for someone else that knows what I'm talking about.

Edit: I found it. It's variable bit rate MP3s...
    Last edited by Christinac130; 04/26/2007 at 08:38 AM.
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    i trimmed the mp3 down to 49.84kb/non-VBR and it still crashed the treo. help...
    is it a legit mp3? or something that was downloaded by other means?
    If its the latter it could be the file itself.

can you post the file?
    or give us the name of the song?
    I can try it out if you'd like to see if it works.
    Last edited by cadman; 04/26/2007 at 10:52 AM. Reason: just cause I am stupid
    You could also just try uninstalling and reinstalling Minitones...
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    tried that too! argh. haha. making ringtones was simple on my 700p BUT I am NOT missing the lag times when app switching and I can send ANY pic mail I want! Christina knows what i'm talking about. so im not complaining about the 650 here!

but it would be sweet to have my own ringtone again. the bands I like don't have downloadable ones :\
    If you had the ringtones on your 700p working, why don't you just beam them to the 650? They'll go right into the Sounds app that way...
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    I totally would but remember part of the reason i switched away from the 700p is that it locks ALL media onto the phone with the stupid padlocks - ringtones included.

the consensus is that the phone interprets all media not taken with the camera as copy protected files that by DRM regulations should not be shared. It's so stupid.
    Can you copy your ringtones to the SD card and then pop the card into the 650 and take them that way? I don't really understand what you're talking about with the 700p locking media. I can move stuff back and forth from my 650 to my 680 easily...I beamed my ringtones from the 680 to the 650.

Wait...where are you trying to beam the ringtones from on the 700p? You should be sending each individual ringtone through the Sounds app. There shouldn't be a lock on any of them, I can even beam the system tones that were included with the Treo from there.
    Last edited by Christinac130; 04/26/2007 at 11:36 AM.
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    yeah this is something that is specific to the sprint 700p, the 680 doesn't have the issue. Even Verizon 700p's don't have the problem. It's beyond frustrating!

I can try what you're suggesting with the 700p and the SD card I think, but I have a feeling it's not going to work...
    The ringtones that you've created yourself shouldn't be locked into the Sounds app. If anything, you can copy and paste them from your PC to the card and put them on the 650 that way. You said you created some on your desktop, right?

Don't be so pessimistic...you'll get it to work
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast