1.    #1  
    Hey,

It seems to me there's a lot of issues that come down to slowing the treos performance with background apps, or just a lot of junk cluttering up the system.

I'm currently trying a demo of the "neat freak" software from Northglide which has already improved my performance. (Particularly the "clean up" software).

http://www.northglide.com/

Does anyone know if there's a way to know for sure what programs are running in the background?

Are there any other programs or even manual techniques people have used to improve performance, reduce skipping of audio, reduce freezes, etc?

I'm determined to make this thing work!

Thanks!
    I tried the clean up program but I was scared to "clean up" cause I didn't know what I could safely delete :/
    PalmInternals is capable of showing you those applications running in the background. As a note, an application that has to respond to alarms, works on a set schedule, work with another application, has to be in main memory.

Ben
    Quote Originally Posted by KabukiAssassin View Post
    I tried the clean up program but I was scared to "clean up" cause I didn't know what I could safely delete :/
    What cleanup program? Is it built in?
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    PalmInternals is capable of showing you those applications running in the background. As a note, an application that has to respond to alarms, works on a set schedule, work with another application, has to be in main memory.

Ben
    You can then use a locking program like RLock (free from www.resco.net) to lock various hede apps into memory. Do a search on PalmInternals on the forums to see a lengthy discussion about what to do.
  6.    #6  
    Thanks! Great Tip!