Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I just wanted to let everyone know that the tradition of great service at the SFO- Palm store still continues. I too am now one of so many at Treo Central who have received great service from the staff there, in my case from Stephanie aka Lady-Treo.

I live in India and thus getting stuff from the US is quite a hassle and I have to wait for times when friends from the US visit here. A friend of mine was scheduled to leave from Texas on Monday the 15th to come to India and because of the problems that so many here have been having with the battery it occured to me that I ought to get a spare battery and a cradle for the Treo 680 that has been lying with my friend since the middle of December, which he will be binging to me. On friday the 12th at around 1:30 PM PST, I called several online stores, ie. Treo Central Store, Palm Store etc. but all of them expressed their inability to have anything delivered the next day, ie. Saturday the 13th. It then occured to me to try calling the SFO-Palm store since I had read about the great service so many here on Treo Central had received from them. I spoke to Stephanie and she immediately said that she could have my order delivered to my friend the next day inspite of it being a Saturday. Not only did she not assure me of delivery on time but she also said there would be no charge for shipping, considering that Treo Central charges around $35 for next day delivery, which by the way I was willing to pay, it sounded reallly great to me. Then as icing on the cake, upon telling her that I was a member of the Treo Central forum, she gave me a 10% discount on the order. True to her promise the next morning, ie saturday the 13th, the order was delivered to my friend. Now I can hardly wait for my friend to arrive here on Wednesday the 17th with my new Treo 680 and ofcourse the accesories.

Thank you Stephanie and the SFO-Palm store, because of you I shall not have to worry about batteries running out on my new Treo 680.
    Wow that's awesome service!
  3.    #3  
    Just got my new Treo 680 with accesorries. A happy ending to a good story or so I hope. Hoping the new phone does not have too many teething problems.
    Hey sanjay can u let me where is the SFO store and can you give me the contact details.....
    we're located in the San Francisco Int'l Terminal "Gate 86" (keep in mind - there are two location in SFO - but SFO86 is what you want)

650-583-5012
    give lady treo a call - she'll take care of ya

The only TREO VIDEO CAST on the internet!!!
  6.    #6  
    @bomi
    I was in the process of replying to your post but it seems like 'jwarn3rd' beat me to it, either way, you have the information you need.

There is one thing I need to add to this thread. It turns out that what I thought of as a great shopping experience with the SFO-Palm store, is not all that great after all. The cradle that I got for my Treo 680 is apparently not even compatible with the Treo 680. I have been in two minds whether I should post this here or not, because I am not sure how much the SFO store employees are responsible for this screw up. Either way, the great service turned out to be of no use to me and actually it turns out that I ended up buying an expensive ($59.99) paper weight in the garb of a cradle. So do make sure whatever you order is compatible with the phone you have.

PS: There is still some doubt whether the cradle I got is compatible with the Treo 680 or not.

The listing on the bottom of the cradle:
    Part number 180-10022-01
    Rev A 0641
    Quote Originally Posted by jwarn3rd View Post
    we're located in the San Francisco Int'l Terminal "Gate 86" (keep in mind - there are two location in SFO - but SFO86 is what you want)

650-583-5012
    give lady treo a call - she'll take care of ya
    Hey Jwarn

Do you work for the store ??? How can we sort out sanjays issue....By the way sanjay i am from mumbai so if you need any help let me know. Secondly i would like to boost my self as the 1st indian to have a treo 680. I baught this on 2nd dec....
    [QUOTE=Sanjay;1179897]@bomi
    ..... I have been in two minds whether I should post this here or not, because I am not sure how much the SFO store employees are responsible for this screw up. Either way, the great service turned out to be of no use to me and actually it turns out that I ended up buying an expensive ($59.99) ....

thats funny that you should say that because i'm going to be looking into this today. All of our treo that we have for demo in the stores are being charged on the same cradles. Now that extra battery that charges in the back does need to be placed correctly in the slot to charge, but the device it self sits just the like the 650 does with all the connectors touching. http://www.the-gadgeteer.com/assets/...50-cradle3.jpg

but never the less sanjay - you as well as any other TC'er know that you can get a full refund for anything you don't like with in 30days. Just give us a call or send it back. No worries!

Hey sanjay your problems solved...Thanks jwarn. Secondly do you have a 2400mAh battery for my treo 680 ??? Whats the cost for the same ? I even need the metal case (Mobi Products Magnesium Case for Treo 680) is it available cause i have seen on the site http://store.treocentral.com/content...-23--243-2.htm its only available for treo 650 and 600. So any metal cases for TREO 680
    NP @ bomi and sanjay. go here to be assured about the connector for the treo 680. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Athena_Connector

metal cases are a no go as of right now but the palm hard case http://image.compusa.com/prodimages/...d0393ffac8.gifdoes do the job. now of course you know that the case will have the spot for the antenna but hey, you've got a 680. (once again) no worries.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    @bomi
    I was in the process of replying to your post but it seems like 'jwarn3rd' beat me to it, either way, you have the information you need.

There is one thing I need to add to this thread. It turns out that what I thought of as a great shopping experience with the SFO-Palm store, is not all that great after all. The cradle that I got for my Treo 680 is apparently not even compatible with the Treo 680. I have been in two minds whether I should post this here or not, because I am not sure how much the SFO store employees are responsible for this screw up. Either way, the great service turned out to be of no use to me and actually it turns out that I ended up buying an expensive ($59.99) paper weight in the garb of a cradle. So do make sure whatever you order is compatible with the phone you have.

PS: There is still some doubt whether the cradle I got is compatible with the Treo 680 or not.

The listing on the bottom of the cradle:
    Part number 180-10022-01
    Rev A 0641

Sanjay, YOU DON'T NEED TO WORRY ABOUT YOUR CRADLE BEING COMPATIBLE -- SKU #180-10022-01, ANY REV (whether it's A, B or C) is COMPATIBLE with the 680. You're good!! (If you had 180-1-10022-00, the ONLY rev that is compatible is C, but you don't! You're one of the lucky ones -- I wasn't so lucky, but I bought my cradle 2 years ago for my 650.)
  12.    #12  
    thats funny that you should say that because i'm going to be looking into this today. All of our treo that we have for demo in the stores are being charged on the same cradles. Now that extra battery that charges in the back does need to be placed correctly in the slot to charge, but the device it self sits just the like the 650 does with all the connectors touching.
    @jwarn3rd
    The problem is not with the placement of the battery or the phone on the cradle. Rather, the problem is that even though all post Treo 650 Palm cradles have the same connector, they are not all compatible with the Treo 680. Please refer to the following links to understand the problem I am referring to.
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=134495
    http://kb.palmone.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/W...ase=obj(42891)

but never the less sanjay - you as well as any other TC'er know that you can get a full refund for anything you don't like with in 30days. Just give us a call or send it back. No worries!
    @jwarn3rd
    My problem in returning the cradle is that I live in India and a friend of mine in the US had ordered the cradle for me and brought it to me in India. The second problem is that although I could probably send the cradle back with my friend when he goes back to the US in about two weeks, I have no way for getting a replacement.

Due to the confusing explanation on the Palm site regarding the compatibility of various versions fo the cradle, It is difficult to be sure of whether the cradle I got is compatible or not with the Treo 680. Would it be possible for you to check with Palm and confirm the status with Palm?
    Here are the details from the bottom of the cradle I got:

Part number 180-10022-01
    Rev A 0641

Thanks.
    @jwarn3rd
    The problem is not with the placement of the battery or the phone on the cradle. Rather, the problem is that even though all post Treo 650 Palm cradles have the same connector, they are not all compatible with the Treo 680. Please refer to the following links to understand the problem I am referring to.
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=134495
    http://kb.palmone.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/W...ase=obj(42891)

@jwarn3rd
    My problem in returning the cradle is that I live in India and a friend of mine in the US had ordered the cradle for me and brought it to me in India. The second problem is that although I could probably send the cradle back with my friend when he goes back to the US in about two weeks, I have no way for getting a replacement.

Due to the confusing explanation on the Palm site regarding the compatibility of various versions fo the cradle, It is difficult to be sure of whether the cradle I got is compatible or not with the Treo 680. Would it be possible for you to check with Palm and confirm the status with Palm?
    Here are the details from the bottom of the cradle I got:

Part number 180-10022-01
    Rev A 0641

Thanks.

sure thing, but keep in mind my friend. I'm not sure how the other palm retailers handle their business, but our 1 year warranty covers the device and battery. So should you have have any problems with the device with the year after your 30day warranty, simply send your friend in return/exchange. I'll follow up with the specs when i arrive at work.

14.    #14  
    I'll follow up with the specs when i arrive at work.
    Thanks. Hopefully you will have some positive feedback.
    Thanks. Hopefully you will have some positive feedback.
    Sanjay, I'm hoping you read my post #11 above? You don't need to worry. Because your SKU ends in "01," your cradle is compatible with the 680 according to Palm.
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by ChristieC View Post
    Sanjay, YOU DON'T NEED TO WORRY ABOUT YOUR CRADLE BEING COMPATIBLE -- SKU #180-10022-01, ANY REV (whether it's A, B or C) is COMPATIBLE with the 680. You're good!! (If you had 180-1-10022-00, the ONLY rev that is compatible is C, but you don't! You're one of the lucky ones -- I wasn't so lucky, but I bought my cradle 2 years ago for my 650.)
    Hopefully you are right about this. Although my comprehension of what is stated on Palm's site is also the same as yours, ie.

Not Compatible:
    Part number 180-10022-00 - Rev A
    Part number 180-10022-00 - Rev B
    Sync cradles from old palmOne branded products
    Sync cradles from Handspring products
    Sync cradles from old Palm-branded products
    Sync cradles from LifeDrive mobile manager
    ... or any sync cradle that does not list compatibility with Treo 680 on its packaging

Compatible:
    Part number 180-10022-00 - Rev C (SKU 3198WW)
    Part number 180-10022-01 - 'ALL' Revisions
    Cradles with SKU 3198WWZ
    All newer sync cradles with "Treo 680" compatibility listed on the package

PS: Would it not have been a lot simpler if Palm had made their listing like I have; clear and precise. Of course this is assuming that my comprehension of what they have stated is correct to begin with.
    Hopefully you are right about this. Although my comprehension of what is stated on Palm's site is also the same as yours, ie.

Not Compatible:
    Part number 180-10022-00 - Rev A
    Part number 180-10022-00 - Rev B
    Sync cradles from old palmOne branded products
    Sync cradles from Handspring products
    Sync cradles from old Palm-branded products
    Sync cradles from LifeDrive mobile manager
    ... or any sync cradle that does not list compatibility with Treo 680 on its packaging

Compatible:
    Part number 180-10022-00 - Rev C (SKU 3198WW)
    Part number 180-10022-01 - 'ALL' Revisions
    Cradles with SKU 3198WWZ
    All newer sync cradles with "Treo 680" compatibility listed on the package

PS: Would it not have been a lot simpler if Palm had made their listing like I have; clear and precise. Of course this is assuming that my comprehension of what they have stated is correct to begin with.

I agree that you've written it much better than Palm did, but you have to be comforted that Palm's version makes NO SENSE unless you interpret it as you and I have. The only time you need to "look below" (which was an entirely unnecessary addition on Palm's part & only served to confuse matters) is with respect to the SKU numbers/revisions where Palm has specifically said to "see next section below." To read it any other way renders it completely nonsensical.
  18.    #18  
    I'll follow up with the specs when i arrive at work.
    Still waiting for feedback on this issue.

Thanks.
    Sanjay,

I am using a cradle whose SKU is 180-10022-01. (I don't see any "Rev" numbers, though.) It works perfectly. If yours is indeed the same unit, you shouldn't have any troubles! I got mine direct from Palm when I bought the unlocked version.

Howard
    Lurking and learning ...
    we carry rev b- 180-10022-01 cradles. i do believe even our early models have worked as well. I also believe that people are still under the same impression that the cradle was problem when trying to identify problems. We even got feed pack from our corporate office that this may have been the problem as well. But in my honest educated opion, The patch update concerning the camera was the problem and solutions.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast