Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by jwarn3rd View Post
    we carry rev b- 180-10022-01 cradles. i do believe even our early models have worked as well.
    But the Cradle I got from your store has the following listing on the bottom of the cradle:
    Part number 180-10022-01
    Rev A 0641

Why is it not possible to simply get a clear reply from someone at Palm whether my cradle with the Part number info mentioned here and purchased specifically for the Treo 680 from the Palm-SFO store, is compatible with the Treo 680 or not?

Quote Originally Posted by jwarn3rd View Post
    I also believe that people are still under the same impression that the cradle was problem when trying to identify problems. We even got feed pack from our corporate office that this may have been the problem as well. But in my honest educated opion, The patch update concerning the camera was the problem and solutions.
    There are statements on the Palm website too that very clearly state that not all cradle's are compatible with the Treo680 and that the use of the incompatible cradles may vause problems.

Thanks for your help.
    Sanjay
    Quote Originally Posted by kemubu View Post
    Sanjay,

I am using a cradle whose SKU is 180-10022-01. (I don't see any "Rev" numbers, though.) It works perfectly. If yours is indeed the same unit, you shouldn't have any troubles! I got mine direct from Palm when I bought the unlocked version.

Howard
    My part number is 180-10022-00, Rev. C. The rev C is a small sticker right next to where the cable plugs in. It says "Rev. C 0551" on it. It may have peeled off of yours.

I have also used a third party USB charging cradle with my 680, no adverse effects on the phone that I have. In fact, this phone (which had the camera patch applied by Palm) is performing better than the other ones I had in December. I am on my third battery conditioning charge/discharge, and on the life is getting better and better. On the first two charge cycles, I got 1 1/2 days use before recharging at 15%, on this third one one I am at 46% after 2 full days. I intend to recharge at 15% again, and will consider the battery (and charging circuit/meter) "trained".

I personally don't think that there could be that much of a difference in the cradles. I believe there maybe some differences in the power supplies that were provided with them that is causing the problems. The 680 has a smaller battery and most likely requires a smaller amount of current to recharge it. It would be interesting to see what the power ratings on the supplies that everyone has on their cradles. Mine is a Delta Electronics ADP-10SB rev. BH. It has a 5v DC, 2000ma output.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    Why is it not possible to simply get a clear reply from someone at Palm whether my cradle with the Part number info mentioned here and purchased specifically for the Treo 680 from the Palm-SFO store, is compatible with the Treo 680 or not?
    Sanjay
    Sanjay,

You already received very specific replies to your question several times on this thread. It seems more like you just don't like the answer.

If you want an official reply from Palm then don't expect it from a public forum; call palm. This is NOT a palm website, it's a website that discusses Palm.
    sanjay -

keep in mind if at anytime you ever experience any difficulites or problems with your product send it back and I will personally ship you a new one to india - for the inconveience or simply a refund. Contact me off site with puchased products so that we may resolve and satisfy you not only with this product but our service as well....

The only TREO VIDEO CAST on the internet!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by bigcatny View Post
    Sanjay,

You already received very specific replies to your question several times on this thread. It seems more like you just don't like the answer.

If you want an official reply from Palm then don't expect it from a public forum; call palm. This is NOT a palm website, it's a website that discusses Palm.

Also, Palm may have revised their cradle incompatibility webpage a little, because it seems more clear to me than ever that the ONLY cradles that are a problem are those with part number 180-10022-00 AND are Rev A or B. All others listed there, whether Rev A, B or C are compatible. Since your part number, Sanjay, ends in -01, you're fine!!!!!

Take another look: http://kb.palm.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBC...m_External2001
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12